Mattishall Golf Club (Norfolk)

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone played or is a member at Mattishall Golf Club.

I have moved not to far and I am looking for a friendly local club.

C

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wasn’t even aware there was a club in Mattishall! Upon looking it is a short 9 holer.

plenty of other options around the Norwich area...depends how serious you take golf and your budget!

TerryA

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s a nine hole course. Not played it for a few years but used to be very tatty. Is owned by the same family that own Wensum Valley. 2 courses there usually both in decent condition and membership of Wensum also used to include and probably still does membership of Mattishall. Wensum is much improved on what it used to be like. Both courses have had a lot of work done on them in the last few years. I’m a member at Bawburgh, just down the road, but Ia
ways enjoy a found at Wensum.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks. I like to take the golf serious. 20 handicapper but played cricket for years so only very recently that I have done this.

Young family so playing time will be limited and budget is a consideration.

Recently moved to the area so not sure on courses and obviously can’t play any at moment.

I have done a flexible membership last year which was ok but never felt part of club (probably my fault).

I thought Mattishall might be a good starting point

TerryA

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just thinking about it, my course, Bawburgh, also has a nine hole course which is a better 9 than Matishall. You can play it as a pay and play or just become a member of the 9 hole. it’s only 10 mins from Matishall.

robbeh32

Visit site
My first green fees were Mattishall. They've spent alot of money on drainage and put in new bunkers etc over the last year. Was always fun to play in summer quite a tight tough course though! An extremely long par 5 as well.