Matrix in trouble!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
A once exclusive high end shaft manufacturer. Struggling in the current climate/golf market.

They claim they are "working with the bank to meet their mutual needs".

Golf industry really is being squeezed these days.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I find it hard to have any sympathy with the manufacturers though. Golf is awash with money, just look at the prize funds that are being offered on tour every week, especially on the PGA tour. Then add in the huge amounts being paid in endorsements to the top guys and those costs get passed down to us consumers. Drivers are now £400+, irons £1000+ Seriously, how much do they cost to make? The argument is R&D but there isn't really anything new, just a tweak here and there. People are squeezed for money these days yet the industry still tries to milk us for every penny. I've just bought new irons but gone for an end of line offer on the previous model, full set for £299. The current model is £800 :eek:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I find it hard to have any sympathy with the manufacturers though. Golf is awash with money, just look at the prize funds that are being offered on tour every week, especially on the PGA tour. Then add in the huge amounts being paid in endorsements to the top guys and those costs get passed down to us consumers. Drivers are now £400+, irons £1000+ Seriously, how much do they cost to make? The argument is R&D but there isn't really anything new, just a tweak here and there. People are squeezed for money these days yet the industry still tries to milk us for every penny. I've just bought new irons but gone for an end of line offer on the previous model, full set for £299. The current model is £800 :eek:

Its like everything though, boils down to supply and demand. If people (muppets) get sucked into the marketing they will sell.

(Of which I am/have been guilty of myself!)

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Its like everything though, boils down to supply and demand. If people (muppets) get sucked into the marketing they will sell.

(Of which I am/have been guilty of myself!)

Weyhey, guess I'm not a muppet then, just like footie they'll price themselves outta the market/game in the end, just cos it's shiny/new and costs 800 odd quid that doesn't automatically mean it qualifies as better...

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I keep saying it, vintage is the way forward.

Just won another Dunlop set comprising; irons, 3 x woods, putter, plus bag with matching head covers for the woods, all for just 20 of the Queen's sovereigns.
I'll post a picture when I get them for you to feast your eyes.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
A once exclusive high end shaft manufacturer. Struggling in the current climate/golf market.

They claim they are "working with the bank to meet their mutual needs".

Golf industry really is being squeezed these days.

Got a link/reference?

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I have not been into golf years, but I always remember my first new driver was a G20 which was the latest at the time £190.

now Pings latest offering is £350. Where is the near double in price justified?

No wonder they are struggling, supply and demand maybe but with the company's pulling out / struggling.

Clearly the clubs are not twice as good.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I understand the sentiments others have posted about costs spiralling without any jaw dropping innovation, certainly in the driver market (maybe the Epic if all recent releases) How reliant are shaft manufacturers on the big players to be able to provide their shafts to market rather than rely on the custom fit route. How much demand is there in the professional game for make a over make b).

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think that they are ruining their long term future and itll be a bar to new golfers coming to the sport.

Hid and I went to the theatre in London on Saturday, but now a lot of the theatres have adopted a seat price rather than whose sitting in it - so, no child reductions and the best seats now way over £100 each. So, people dont take their kids to see The Lion King or whatever as its far too expensive a day out and when the kids grow up they dont go to the theatre as they've never experienced it. The road to long term ruin!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
And gthey're back.

Under the name of LA Shafts.

Plus signed Bryson DeChambeau as an ambassador. Good fit.

D

Deleted member 18588

DeChambeau was using a TPT shaft in his driver at the weekend.

They are a Swiss company and as far as I know, have no connection to LA Shafts.