Matchplay knockout society game

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have the above game tomorrow in our works society knockout cup.I am off 22 for this (25 real hcap ) and opponent off 6.Unfortunately after my abysmal showing yesterday my confidence is battered and I am not expecting the game to go far.
Anyway I was informed by 1 of the lads who runs the comp on how the rules work.He says I get 16 shots (22-6 obviously ) on him....1 shot per hole other than stroke indexs 17 & 18.as a new golfer it sounds right....but is this how matchplay works when hcaps are used?

Cheers

Kev

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
good question and be interesting to know, would make it easier to score rather than you getting 2 on 1-4 and 1 on 5-18 and him 1 on 1-6

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shots are taken from the lowest h/capper. i.e. there is a difference of 16 in the h/caps so matey plays off scratch, you play off 16. He gets no shots and you get 1 shot on each of the holes from stroke index 1 to 16..

Simples

;) ;)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the above game tomorrow in our works society knockout cup.I am off 22 for this (25 real hcap ) and opponent off 6.Unfortunately after my abysmal showing yesterday my confidence is battered and I am not expecting the game to go far.
Anyway I was informed by 1 of the lads who runs the comp on how the rules work.He says I get 16 shots (22-6 obviously ) on him....1 shot per hole other than stroke indexs 17 & 18.as a new golfer it sounds right....but is this how matchplay works when hcaps are used?

Cheers

Kev

Bit of friendly advice - don't go mad trying to keep up with his shots.

If you can make a steady bogey on your 16 shot holes, he has to make par to halve the hole with you.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK. OK. No need to shout.

Only trying to help by trying to explain the how and why.

Don't know why I bother sometimes. Try to help folk and all they do is shout at you. I can't help being old and frail.

I think you should know that I'm now feeling rather depressed.

Wanders off to the old people's home, mumbling under his breath .......

:( :( :(

;) ;)

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
OK. OK. No need to shout.

Only trying to help by trying to explain the how and why.

Don't know why I bother sometimes. Try to help folk and all they do is shout at you. I can't help being old and frail.

I think you should know that I'm now feeling rather depressed.

Wanders off to the old people's home, mumbling under his breath .......

:( :( :(

;) ;)

Sorry Leftie not meaning to shout at you!

Was just 'frustrated' as new what people meant but wanted clarification of....was this the actual proper ruling.

Game postponed my lass rather unwell.

Cheers

Kev