masters mc z540 or wilson staff x31 club set

ginge69

Visit site
masters mc z540 or wilson staff x31 club set , are these clubs any good for a beginner would they be ok for a few years, if not what advantages do a better set give you.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't see these being a really bad bet, but buyer beware.
One thing I would like to say is that Wilson and Wilson Staff are not quite the same thing. However, Wilson seem just about ok to me if the clubs on sale in general sports shops are anything to go by.
The problem with low-end gear is that the quality can be quite poor. I've seen cheap brands with poorly finished edges on the woods, bad paint on the irons and things like that.
I'd personally recommend one of the lower end premium brands. Benross and MD spring to mind. I hit a benross vx proto hybrid the other day and it's was great. £39.99 i.i.r.c. Even the shaft would cost that a full price.
My daughter plays with a cheap package set made by "Nicklaus" and it really is low-quality tat.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree with the comments on Benross/MD. If you have the cash to go down that route then do it, you will find the quality far higher and they really will last for years.