Masters 2020

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Post 830 ?

Rory at the start of the year was cruising in lovely form, highly consistent and was looking very nicely and think his whole start was geared up to being prime form coming into the Masters - it potentially would have helped his Thursdays form - but lockdown appeared to knock him as since then he hasn’t had any sort of form at all so coming into Thursday he just looked way off and it took him 20 holes to get going .

With the next Masters only 5 months away it’s a chance for him to go again quickly.

There is no doubt he will be trying everything he can and I certainly hope to see him win further majors

You must have missed his interview Thursday where he said he felt fantastic and his form was brilliant especially in the practice rounds.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How does the green jacket ceremony work this year? Hopefully tiger just chucks it at him or dangles it from the end of his SIM
It's America. Tiger will slip it on him, bump fists. The club chairman will shake his hand, stand right next to him for the photo. I could be wrong but.......................

I do like the idea of dangling the jacket on the end of a driver ?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a new theory about Rory, he goes into majors saying he’s relaxed, isn’t focusing on the outcome or records and only thinking about things one shot at a time. It’s classic sports psychology thinking. He starts in this relaxed mental state but maybe that’s not best for him - his big wins came from his carefree days, before his head was polluted with the “staying in the moment” mentality. He’s a scrapper and when he’s fighting for something he’s great but when he’s relaxed he makes constant errors. I think the pattern of poor Thursdays and a solid fightback may be a symptom of him trying harder to not try as hard.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fair play to both Im and Smith, both have had excellent weeks, but run into DJ in form that no one could touch. Both have stayed strong on Sunday rather than wilting in the chase too which bodes well for their futures

As for DJ, hats off sir, best player in the world currently and just too good for a world class field. Monkey off his back, every chance he wins a few more in a streak for me now.