Maradonna

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Don't care how good a player he was - in my eyes he's a cheat and always will be.
Hope they don't qualify and he gets sacked.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Build a bridge lads.

A 5 foot 5 inch forward outjumped a 6 foot plus keeper in Shilton.

If Lineker or Barnes scored that goal would you also call them a cheat.

Maradona did what he had to do to score, it was up to the officials to spot foul play but more importantly it was upto Shilton to take man and ball to ensure Maradona did not score.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
RGS, I would call anyone who does it a cheat.

We at Tottenham Hotspur are very proud of our sporting tradition and integrity.

I was at WHL watching my beloved club when Helder Postiga took an absolutely diabolical dive, you should have heard the immediate abuse he recieved from the Park Lane and the Shelf.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Sorry rgs, I can't agree with you there mate.
Peter Shilton played by the rules and decency. In other words, he didn't want to knock the coke snorting midget sprawling face first in order to win the ball.

Pure and simple, Maradonna cheated. Hand of God my arse!

Anyhow, besides that, nice to see the dwarf having to think again about Argentinas participation in the World Cup. What goes round comes round!

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Basher---are you being serious or ironic?

Shilton was at fault for failing to do his job. Of course the officials were also at fault but a keeper is expect to do what is necessary to keep the ball out of the net.

No 6 foot plus man should be outjumped by a man of 5 foot 5 inches.

This match took place 23 years ago just let it go.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
rgs come on....I can't believe you are saying the English like to live in the past,I mean it's not like you ever hear them constantly banging on about 1966 or anything do you? ;)

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maradonna . . .best player i have ever seen , unfortunately we have to accept cheating in some professional sports happens, be it the hand of god, Owen's dive against Argentina, no batsmen seems to walk in cricket anymore. Thank god honesty and integrity still exits in golf !!

Thats got me thinking , does anyone know of any incidences in golf where a player has been accused of cheating, maybe in a major ????

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Here we go, the hordes from the north are amassing to crush the English!!! :D :D :D

I still think he's a cheating get! Sorry guys it's the Englishman in me. No sour grapes or the fact that his second was a stunning display of footballing brilliance!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
We at Tottenham Hotspur are very proud of our sporting tradition and integrity.

Had a wee chuckle when I read this. What were you doing when Klinsman was throwing himself around the grounds and after he scored was that not a dive of a goal celebration. :p

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I just don't think it set a good example for an south american team to have aa alledged excoke head as a national manager. I don't think the WC will be the same without them to beat.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In my eyes he is and always will be scum!!!

Hope the Argies fail to qualify and he is sacked and vilified by the country that once idolised him.

Pele, there was a football genius who knew how to play within the rules and spirit of the game.

By the way Shilton at 6 foot probably wasn't expecting him to punch it into the net, if he'd tried to head it he'd have been nowhere near it.

I suppose we'll have to put up with the Jocks supporting everyone that England play in the World Cup next summer, just think how much you'd save on replica shirts if Scotland actually qualified for once, you'd only need to buy one.

B

birdieman

Maradona is a lot of things, good and bad. He was however a footballer with no equal. Yes Pele was good but Pele was in a team of superstars. Maradona carried a team all by himself all the way to the World Cup. He also carried Napoli to 2 serie A titles by himself. Napoli have never won Serie A before or since, that's how good Maradona was!

He also features in my favourite football photo - the look on the opponents faces says one thing - RESPEC INNIT! :p

http://img.skysports.com/08/11/800x600/Diego-Maradona-Argentina-Belgium-World-Cup-19_1496823.jpg

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there any truth to the rumours that Maradonna will be turning out for Harlequins this season in the Heineken Cup?