Mag feature

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Up until March, I was self employed and able to play at least 2, sometimes 3 times a week.

Then I had to go back to the Monday - Friday 8.15 - 4.45 grind and the amount of golf I can play has fallen through the floor.

Still only 9 years, 1 month and 28 days till I can retire 👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Every weekend and nine holes most weekday nights and if I'm not playing I/m at the club practising. Fortunately I leave work at 3.00 and at the club by 3.45 on a good day (4.15 on a bad). I am lucky HID doesn't mind me being at the club as much as I like and as a one car family she needs it for work and at weekends so as a team we work around my golf fetish

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Probably not of interest, but I’m a beginner, and only started in August. I’ve only played 1 round of 9 holes, but I’ve managed to hit 3500 balls at the driving range by spending a minimum of 5 hours a week there - usually somewhat more - whilst also working full time.

Be very careful.

With hard range matts and hitting lots of balls, some people have suffered tennis elbow type injuries.

Probably play 100-120 rounds a year as used to always target 3 a week from April-September, but this year have generally been happy with 2 a week for them months. 1-2 a week in winter.

Years ago when I first started I was going home and away with Liverpool Sep-may and playing Sunday league, so just had a hot-spot of playing April-september when you could play after work as I was a muni-golfer in them days.

I used to play before work (4.45-5.00 am start, sos and egg butty on the way in and get round in in 2 1/2 hours - if only two of us), after work also and in June until 10.20 pm and in the days when you had to get up at 7.00 am on a saturday/Sunday morning and ring the local muni, and wait on the phone for 10-50 minutes just to get a weekend time.

Last edited:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play in the summer evenings.
I have to ask for permission at the weekend. I am not a socialite so really cannot be bothered with seeing people I would rather be on a golf course.
My 6 yr old son shows no interest.. he has been told that he is more than welcome to come with me and play.
My wife hates the golf, she was told before we got married that I really don’t care about anything but golf .. not interested in art, fine buildings or clever conversation.
I guess my attitude is a result of being told “no” from the age of 6 that I could not do it. Now I defend my right to do it, I don’t tell my son “no” about any sport, if he expresses an interest we try it.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
41 qualifiers .. approx 10-12 winter league non qual overlaps 2018-2019 .. about 9 own society . 5 society guest . Approx 4 casual rounds . Decent bit of pracrice in there too

Jeeeeez didnt realise id got that much in , understanding mrs and mainly good communication between us . Plan in advance esp in the summer . Usualy play early .home shortly after they all up and about . Then do family rest of the day
Practice i bring my chap with me and have bir of fun