Lutterworth Golf Club

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
That's terrible news. The clubhouse was the best part of that club. Members were always good company after matches there and they always seemed to have an excellent guest ale such as Wadworth's 6X. My last game there was County Seniors Championship in July 2019 - played garbage though.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is so sad and really feel for them. Usually play their mixed open and have nothing but positive memories of the course and facilities.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Lutterworth is very local to me, B team play an annual match for a Trophy always a fixture I looked forward to. There has been talk for a few years now of them selling the club house and some land in order to build a new club house. The now old one was proving costly to maintain despite being relatively modern (80's build I think). Its my understanding though that this was narrowly rejected by the members recently.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Lutterworth is very local to me, B team play an annual match for a Trophy always a fixture I looked forward to. There has been talk for a few years now of them selling the club house and some land in order to build a new club house. The now old one was proving costly to maintain despite being relatively modern (80's build I think). Its my understanding though that this was narrowly rejected by the members recently.

I've played there quite a lot as it's close to me too, where do you play?

Thankfully nobody injured but a great loss to the members with all the history that a clubhouse holds.
And it was one of the few places these days where the Pro still had a loft and lie machine.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I've played there quite a lot as it's close to me too, where do you play?

Thankfully nobody injured but a great loss to the members with all the history that a clubhouse holds.
And it was one of the few places these days where the Pro still had a loft and lie machine.
I'm just down the road at Cosby. Some of my golfing holiday friends moved there last year from my old club, and were really enjoying it. Guess it will be all fresco eating and drinking there for longer than they expected, but I'm sure they'll come back from this devistating loss bigger and stronger. These things tend to bring clubs closer together.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
In which case best just check that the club manager still has his tin of paraffin and all his matches ? ??

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've been wanting to play Lutterworth for a while and have heard good things about the course. Dreadful news and I hope that they get up and running again soon. We had some members playing at our place yesterday on courtesies and good to see that the local golfing community are doing something to help the Lutterworth members whilst they are cloed

I am entered in a seniors open there in June, if that's postponed I'll try and find another time to go and play once its open.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've been wanting to play Lutterworth for a while and have heard good things about the course. Dreadful news and I hope that they get up and running again soon. We had some members playing at our place yesterday on courtesies and good to see that the local golfing community are doing something to help the Lutterworth members whilst they are cloed

I am entered in a seniors open there in June, if that's postponed I'll try and find another time to go and play once its open.

I think it will be open by then, I'm due to play a seniors match on Thursday and expect it to go ahead.

The website currently says:
"Sunday 9th May 2021
The course is open to members and their guests only until further notice."