Luke Donald

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was watching last nights golf, and was in orr of Luke Donalds short game, this will prob sound daft, but I didnt realise how good it is before last night. As he doesn't get it out there Dustin Johnson long, I know it has to be good, but it looked top class, and his putter was on fire.
Great to watch, hopefully it'll be an exciting weekend!
:)

stef92

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I was reading the Times yesterday or the day before, and it was an article on Luke Donald and how he had hired Dave Alred, Jonny Wilkinson's coach to help him with putting etc.

Bit different but it seems to be working!

It is almost sports psychology. but not. More about the mechanics of the body and mind…

Quite interesting!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Even if he doesn't win I think he's fully justified of his place in the RC side

Unlike Chopper Paddy who's hacking around France at the moment!!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Luke Donald is a great player, always been one of my favourites. He's got a great looking swing and is an unfussy player. He's not the longest but he makes the absolute best out of his game and goes about it it with no fuss.

I'd love to see him win a major but whether he's got it in him remains to be seen.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would like to see him win a major also, I think he could have it in him, if he gets a course thats not close to 8000 yards!! lol

If he manages to win here, after winning this year already, I think it'll help him massivly in the closing out of future tournaments.

D

Deleted member 1418

Even if he doesn't win I think he's fully justified of his place in the RC side

Unlike Chopper Paddy who's hacking around France at the moment!!

With Casey also going well the last couple of weeks, Paddy's wildcard pick is looking more and more like a waste!

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Paddy's wild card looked like a waste right from the time it was announced. Casey has been in better form that Paddy all this year.

I hope Casey wins this weekend, it will be a very nice consolation prize for him after not being picked. (Plus I have £20 on him to win.:D)

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Casey would need a couple of great rounds to win this weekend, personally I cant see it happening, but I have been wrong before.
I agree that casey would have been the better pick, but he wasnt chosen, so lets hope Padraig finds form over the weekend and goes to celtic manor on high! :)

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice to see a couple of the 'shorter' players at the top. Shows theres still a place for players who dont 'bomb' it 320 yds off the tee.

Come on Luke

Range_Ball

Club Champion
Visit site
Luke Donald is a great player somewhat under rated i think. He is a very experienced player and i have know doubt he will do well in the RC. Has for paddy being select not happy there are better players out there at the moment. I am not sure what Montys was thinking when he picked him as a wild card he is certainally hitting it wild at the moment.

Regards

RB

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
With Casey also going well the last couple of weeks, Paddy's wildcard pick is looking more and more like a waste!

Paddy is playing OK, he made the cut at 2 under par whilst chopping it round in a pro-am. Casey is a knob so I'd rather see Paddy in the RC than Casey. I have no bones about Casey winning the Fed-Ex cup though, if he does then that's great for him. TBH I don't know who I want to win the Fed-Ex... whoever plays best I guess :)

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Paddy is playing OK, he made the cut at 2 under par whilst chopping it round in a pro-am. Casey is a knob so I'd rather see Paddy in the RC than Casey. I have no bones about Casey winning the Fed-Ex cup though, if he does then that's great for him. TBH I don't know who I want to win the Fed-Ex... whoever plays best I guess :)

What so you would rather have a chopper in your team cos he's a nice fella than a guy who is great form but is a knob?
:D
Bet you your teams would win alot. ;)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Paddy was at -2 yesterday and Casey was at -3, had Casey shot a 64 I'd say he was the man to pick, unfortunately he was the ONLY player in the top 10 to go backwards yesterday with an over par round.

It's probably splitting hairs but I'm happy to see Harrington in the RC team. I'd quite like to see him do well today.... (fingers being crossed as oy topye) :)

Perhaps it's just being sentimental like wanting Ballesteros, Olazabal or Sergio in the team but I think Paddy is a decent enough matchplayer to hold his own. I'm more concerned about Westwood not being up for it than I am Harrington.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You are indeed splitting hairs.The difference being Padraig is playing a course that they are ripping the arse out of.

Harrington has just said himself that the course they are playing 64/63's are easy to come by (sadly not for him)....can't say that for East Lake.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Yep, maybe.

I'd rather see Casey replace flippin' Peter Hanson and keep Paddy in the team also.

What exactly IS Peter Hanson's matchplay record like?

The selection process definitely has it's weaknesses.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Again I think he'll be a great player....steady as a rock and drives the ball great so a foil for foursomes in fact is there anyone that doesn't have better credentials that Harrington at the moment?! ;)