Lower your expectations PLEASE!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
you are only taking bookings for 20201?

Just meant that we had to cancel our 2020 trip, but golfbreaks have rebooked us for same dates in 2021 (although how much they've done with clubs/hotel in France i don't know). So I can recommend the place as I won't miss out if you all book in when I wanted to go - if that makes sense.

Who knows, I assume they'll still be doing bookings in 2020 once courses and borders open up again.

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
Why?

Can clubs afford to suddenly bring back greens staff, can they prepare the work area for no cross contamination?

Reading the BIGGA guidelines it appears they're almost taking a militant stance in ensuring the safety of their members and rightly so.

Furlough while available will surely be utilised by the majority of courses until revenue streams (clubhouse/greenfee) can return.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Walked across the local course this evening. pretty much as I expected it to be.

Fairways in reasonable shape, tees could have done with a cut but not too bad, rough long in places, the only green I looked at closely was a bit more mossy than I'd have expected and the grass a little longer but I'd certainly be able to enjoy a round of golf there.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Furlough while available will surely be utilised by the majority of courses until revenue streams (clubhouse/greenfee) can return.

Furlough won't last forever, members will not be happy paying £xxx for "sub standard" courses, let's be honest.

Greens staff need to be protected and to bring back more staff

A) costs more money
B) potentially outs staff at risk.

Clubs are on a very sticky wicket and how they tackle the challenging times going forward could be an absolute headache.

D

Deleted member 17920

I do the love the fact people love stripes so much.

They are only a pretty picture and the stripes bear no resemblance to the overall playing conditions as most dont know what cutting heights are been used.

And for anyone saying its striped like Augusta, as far I remember they dont stripe anything as they cut all the fairways in the same direction.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think any club that still limits the GK staff for financial reasons.
The members will just have to accept the course will be a bit rough.
There won’t be any serious competition at mine so can’t see the problem.
It is what it is and will just enjoy being out.