Money List Winner
Visit site

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Patrick had the same fault losing distance, i know its winter and and the ball doesn't fly as far etc ,but when guys were hitting it past me who never have i went to the Custom Fit bit of the range at St Andrews.

I do hit down on the ball ,the first few were about -4 degrees spin rate between 3500 - 4400 with club at 10.5 degrees and launch angle of between 10 - 14 degrees total length 230 yards.
After speaking to the fitter we dropped the club to 9.5 degrees and a swing tip the attack angle went to 1 degree the launch angle was 14.3 degrees spin rate was 1900 and distance was 247 yards.

I was using a Fujikura Blur Stigg shaft the fitter said it was a great fit for my swing,hope this helps all the data was from trackman into a strong wind at the range.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Patrick mate, this is the first time I've ever replied to a post on this section 'cause I certainly don't consider myself an expert.
Anyway...
I'd say if you've lost 30yds suddenly its a swing issue rather than a shaft issue.
Get checked by a pro before shelling out any hard earned. If your pro is away, go to someone else who is reputable.

Unless you've got a bad case of new shiney yearning. In which case that's ok. :whistle:

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I was fit for a shaft last year the purpose was to lower the flight, and lower spin. At the time I walked away with 2 options for shafts ..... The first was a Project X 6c12 shaft, The second was a Matrix Ozik HD6.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went for a few holes at Tain Yesterday and bumped into the pro, explained the problem to him and off we went to the practic area.

Anyway long story short, i've indeed been hitting down on the ball.

Reason getting over on my left side too quickly, hence chopping down.

anyway tried to stay behind the ball more and it had instant results.

Almost drove the 1st ( winter tee well forward and down wind) almost 300 yards and hit a monster on the 3rd again down wind but almost 350 yards, the less said about the rest of the round the better.

still could do with a lower launching shaft he says.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Result! You didn't look like you were struggling too much at Goswick ;)

was a bit but it has got worse over the last few months, driving was the best part of my game and that had tailed off. I'm not the longest in our roll up group but i'm now just average and most of the guys are, lets say older gentlemen, eham.

changed my swing from being very flat to more upright, but have a habit of moving my weight over to my left side before i've finnished the backswing.

I had a go with the captains driver the other week and he was given it by a european tour pro, very stiff and hit it miles. A few people suggested a stiffer shaft?

Last edited:
T

thecraw

was a bit but it has got worse over the last few months, driving was the best part of my game and that had tailed off. I'm not the longest in our roll up group but i'm now just average and most of the guys are, lets say older gentlemen, eham.

changed my swing from being very flat to more upright, but have a habit of moving my weight over to my left side before i've finnished the backswing.

I had a go with the captains driver the other week and he was given it by a european tour pro, very stiff and hit it miles. A few people suggested a stiffer shaft?

With a move like that you'd be a prime candidate to join Justones stack'n'tilt revolution.