Low spinning driver shaft

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've notice last year the i have lost quite a bit of distance with the driver and getting no run on the ball at all even on hard fairways.

When i was fitted for my driver the mizuno mp630 fast track9.5 deg with the fubuki stiff shaft, i was getting ave 230 carry and plus, now its about 200!

someone i know works in the offices of the local golf shop which has a trackman,so he invited me to have a go with a few diffnt shafts.

My swing speed with the driver is about 98-100

The spin was over 4000 rpm

and the launch was 19deg

ave carry 200-205

it didn't seem to make much differnce which shaft or loft on the driver.

I tried a proforce stiff tour flex, and addilla RIP a voodoo and i think it was a javlin stiff all very high spin the voodoo being the worst at 6000 rpm.

Anyone know of a low spinning shaft that would help me gain some distance back?

I hope ethan will know:(

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've notice last year the i have lost quite a bit of distance with the driver and getting no run on the ball at all even on hard fairways.

When i was fitted for my driver the mizuno mp630 fast track9.5 deg with the fubuki stiff shaft, i was getting ave 230 carry and plus, now its about 200!

someone i know works in the offices of the local golf shop which has a trackman,so he invited me to have a go with a few diffnt shafts.

and the launch was 19deg

ave carry 200-205

I tried a proforce stiff tour flex, and addilla RIP a voodoo and i think it was a javlin stiff all very high spin the voodoo being the worst at 6000 rpm.

I think mine is a mid spin but when I got fitted I was in between 2000 and 2500 for spin which was pretty good (so I was told!) That may be a combination of factors, swing, shaft and head though.

For example I get little spin from the Fubuki shaft aswell.

T

thecraw

Thought about taking up bowls?

:whistle:

Grafalloy Prolaunch red. Worth a bash. I'm surprised that the Rip shaft spun so much.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

and the launch was 19deg

ave carry 200-205

That is a lot of spin and a very high launch. I wonder if the issue is a swing mechanics issues - hitting down on the ball too much?

Anyway, if you want a good value low launch low spin shaft, the Grafalloy ProLaunch Red might fit the bill.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looking at the custom fit shafts Titleist offer the very low spin options are:

Proforce V2 96, Rombax 7Z08, Devotion 06, Motore Speeder VC 7.2, Devotion 7, Devotion 8, X-Con 6, OZik HD6, Rombax Pro95, Motore F1, Diamana Ahina 80, Diamana White 83, Diamana White 73.

Both the RIP and the Prolaunch Red fall into the low-mid category for spin levels.

By no means a comprehensive list but should give you several you could try possibly (albeit few will be stock shafts).

Personally use a Motore F1 and find it decent, low spin but quite responsive feel wise

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
another vote for the Graffalloy prolaunch red- played it for 4 years, spookily enough changed to the fubuki now as the prolaunch was too low with an 8.5* head

FG_HOOR

Club Champion
Visit site
it sounds like you are hitting down on the ball. did you not get the degrees of your angle of attack when you had your swing measured? i bet your probably -5 lol

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
what about fujikura fit on max red tour trajectory ive a stiff shaft 65g 3.5 torque mid/high kick point tip stiff shaft connected to a cleveland hibore xl tour driver 9.5. if the shaft is any use. according to the fujikura its a low spinning shaft

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
would you be willing to sell it or at least let me borrow it for a few weeks to try the shaft?

Patrick, I would have been more than happy to let you borrow it to try but I sold it to golfbidder 2 weeks ago when it didnt sell here, sorry.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
what about fujikura fit on max red tour trajectory ive a stiff shaft 65g 3.5 torque mid/high kick point tip stiff shaft connected to a cleveland hibore xl tour driver 9.5. if the shaft is any use. according to the fujikura its a low spinning shaft

Don't know about that shaft, been rec to have a Gfy red shaft with 8 deg head, so not interested in buying the highbore, might be interested in trying it though.

Prob need to have a lesson with the pro, but he's away playing abroard till mid feb.