Low launch steel shafts

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
have a look at the kbs ones mate, young pro at the gc is getting them fitted and was telling me to get some, so i am going to have a look at them when he gets them, says they are very good.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you mean low launch or low flight? The two are not necessarily the same. True Temper Dynamic Gold tend to be low launch but medium-high spin, so the ball climbs. KBS and Project X are medium launch but lower spin, so the flight is flatter. Other shafts have variations on these flights. Also, a heavier shaft, say a TT DG S400 wil launch a bit lower than a lighter one, S300. A stiffer one will usually do the same.

Better to go se the professional fitters, since a lot more than just initial launch needs to be considered.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some players find that TT DG balloon a bit, not good into the wind. PX and KBS may launch a little higher but seem to have a flatter trajectory and pierce the wind better. Another option is to go for a heavier shaft which will tend to launch the ball lower.

I like KBS which feel solid and give good trajectory and distance. I played recently in windy conditions and was very pleased with being able to still get good distance into the wind.