Loving the match play, but ….

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Think Paul McGinley seems like a top bloke, but I find his constant comments inane.
I’m sure commentating on any sport is very difficult, but knowing when to say nothing is as important as saying something.
The main commentator is usually very good, so ex-golfers don’t need to ramble on endlessly.
I’m sure plenty love him, he just grates on me sometimes.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think Sky are stalking me. Every time I put the golf on he appears.

Quite frankly he is awful, and makes David Croft look competent.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Think Paul McGinley seems like a top bloke, but I find his constant comments inane.
I’m sure commentating on any sport is very difficult, but knowing when to say nothing is as important as saying something.
The main commentator is usually very good, so ex-golfers don’t need to ramble on endlessly.
I’m sure plenty love him, he just grates on me sometimes.

McGinley is to golf what David Gower is to cricket. Neither know when to shut up, and clearly haven’t grasped the idea that, sometimes, less is more.

Can’t abide either of them.

D

Deleted member 31467

McGinley is very gifted........

At stating the bleeding obvious.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Why did rory have to hit first with xander 200 odd yards away there?

Missed the explanation.
Because Xander's original ball is closer to the hole than Rory, and I think his next shot isn't in play until he drops the ball, as he could play the original as it lies, although in this situation unlikely

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Because Xander's original ball is closer to the hole than Rory, and I think his next shot isn't in play until he drops the ball, as he could play the original as it lies, although in this situation unlikely

Right. Odd one alright since it's 10 feet deep. Haha