Losing your footing

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had an unwelcome first yesterday. On the 12th tee, foot slips just as I am hitting the ball, and I end up on my backside. Must have looked pretty comical and I don't blame my PP for laughing out loud, but my back hurts like hell this morning.

Felt it at the time, and it probably wasn't the wisest thing to carry on and complete the round.

Have cancelled today's game and got the Voltarol on.

I have felt like I was going to slip a couple of time in recent months, both times on our 5th tee, but put that down to muddy conditions, but am now thinking it's my footwear. May be time to upgrade.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What shoes / grips do you have?

Nike something or other. Thing is, they only have spikes in the middle and at the back, nothing at the very front of the shoe. There is what looks like a space for one grip at the front, but they have never had one in it, that's the way they came.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Nike something or other. Thing is, they only have spikes in the middle and at the back, nothing at the very front of the shoe. There is what looks like a space for one grip at the front, but they have never had one in it, that's the way they came.
Did you buy them new? Golf shoes shouldn't really slip on a tee regardless of how wet it is, sometimes on a very wet steep hill they might but I'd definitely be looking at buying a good quality new pair, I play golf in all weathers and haven't ever experienced slipping to that extent even with spineless shoes. I can see why you PP laughed lol

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Did you buy them new? Golf shoes shouldn't really slip on a tee regardless of how wet it is, sometimes on a very wet steep hill they might but I'd definitely be looking at buying a good quality new pair, I play golf in all weathers and haven't ever experienced slipping to that extent even with spineless shoes. I can see why you PP laughed lol

yes, bought them new about 2 years ago, replaced the spikes a few months back.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Photo on 13-09-2017 at 09.55.jpg here's one of the shoes. They are some Nike Air variant. I guess there should be a spike in the round hole near the toe? like I say, they came out of the box with spikes just in the middle and back of the sole.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
yes, bought them new about 2 years ago, replaced the spikes a few months back.
Buy a pair that have at least seven cleats on each foot.
a lot of the shoes today are made for the American market but end up on sale here.
With the amount of rain we have you need good grip.
In winter I have gone back to spikes as my course has lots of slopes.
Get your back looked at by a Phisio so you don't do any long term damage.
Hope it's ok.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find at this time of the year I forget to clear out all the wet grass from the cleats on a regular basis during the round.

Yes there should be a cleat where the hole is.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's my birthday in a couple of weeks, so I reckon I'll get the missus to buy me a new pair - just looking at the sole of these, and it's worn down smooth at the front, no grip at all there.

D

Deleted member 18121

Can see from your picture that you're missing a cleat.

I've had nikes for many years and never had a problem.....but then saying that I wear Ecco Street spikeless shoes and have never slipped, even in wet conditions.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Slipped the odd time whilst swinging and had a few wet clubs slip.

But earlier this year walking to our 12th is down hill to the tee. I said to me 3 PPS as I was at the front, " watch your footing its slippy here", within a nano second I was up in the air and on my back, trouble was I had hold of me motocaddy and the soddin thing was dragging me down the hill. After about 10 yds I managed to press the stop button. I had the biggest skid mark from me socks to me shoulders you could imagine. Obviously my PPs were full of sympathy and couldn't stop laughing. Rotten sods had tears rolling down there cheeks. Just for good measure one of the twazzocks put a photo of me looking like I had gone bog snorkelling on face book. That really went down well.
Fortunately not one of them hit the green with there tee shots as they were laughing so much.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site

But earlier this year walking to our 12th is down hill to the tee. I said to me 3 PPS as I was at the front, " watch your footing its slippy here", within a nano second I was up in the air and on my back, trouble was I had hold of me motocaddy and the soddin thing was dragging me down the hill. After about 10 yds I managed to press the stop button. I had the biggest skid mark from me socks to me shoulders you could imagine. Obviously my PPs were full of sympathy and couldn't stop laughing. Rotten sods had tears rolling down there cheeks. Just for good measure one of the twazzocks put a photo of me looking like I had gone bog snorkelling on face book. That really went down well.
Fortunately not one of them hit the green with there tee shots as they were laughing so much.

Come on Andy let's see it!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site

Lol you should probably of got new golf shoes then, I go through about 2 pairs a year but have numerous pairs that I don't wear very often and end up giving away. My findings are usually by the time the shoe needs new cleats that the shoe inside and outside is worn enough to warrant buying a new pair

Tashyboy

Visit site
Lol you should probably of got new golf shoes then, I go through about 2 pairs a year but have numerous pairs that I don't wear very often and end up giving away. My findings are usually by the time the shoe needs new cleats that the shoe inside and outside is worn enough to warrant buying a new pair

I had my dimples on that day, following round I had my FJ waterproof boots on. There's not many rounds go by that a PP don't say owt when we get to that spot.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

aye, they are pretty tatty inside!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Get the picture up!

Tashyboy

Visit site
Flippin thing won't upload.lovely it has uploaded 🙁

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: