Losing the will...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've had it with this weather. Too cold to do anything, Golf course under snow and the temperatures wont rise enough for it to thaw by the weekend - by which time we may have had more anyway.

Stuck at home with The Boy coz his school's closed - wasn't closed yesterday in the heavy snow (somehow the teachers got in) but it is closed today!!!???

The snow's turned to ice so snowballing/snowmen doesn't work well and I'm just fed up.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yep, ditto.

At work though. Not sure if that's good or bad, but for sure, the course will be closed all weekend.

Shame really, as I played on a few (note, not all) of the greens at the weekend, for the first time since November. I have forgotten how to putt.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went the range, was even to cold there to get warmed up/ loose. Had a naff 50 balls and felt like kicking bag over.

Role on the warmer months. (if we get any) :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say golf is the last thing on my mind. I feel crap with this cold. Eyes running, nose running, dodgy guts (how did that happen?????) and aches and shivers. I've had to redo my piece for the magazine in case Princes is off (any news Jon). I can't see the point hitting balls at a freezing range into snow. What are you going to achieve. Back to my duvet and water bottle.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Homer

Metcheck currently forcasting for Sat at Sandwich is 4 or 5 degrees, feels like -2 or -3. Light rain. :(

Bet it's a different forecast come Thursday

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Leftie, Jon, HTL

Given that the latest forecast indicates the possibility of more snow on Thursday night I'd appreciate a decision sooner rather than later on Thursday so that I can speak to the B&B etc and maybe move the date without losing the deposit. If it helps I can do the following weekend, can't do the 21st or 22nd but can do the 28th.

If you want to text me one way or the other my mobile is 07988 419796 or you can leave a PM here or email golfmonthlyforum@yahoo.co.uk

I'm still praying to the golfing gods for some rain to wash the snow away and some milder air to stop the greens from freezing but I must be honest and say I'm not hopeful.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Homer

I think that between us we have hijacked another post :(

Anyway,..

Spoke to my brother this morning who lives in Faversham. He said that there hadn't been a lot of snow between there and Canterbury so maybe not too much at the coast. Maybe a call to the club might be in order tomorrow and check forecast Thurs am.

If rescheduling is reqd, I'm OK for the next 2 or 3 weekends