Loopers the cadies long walk

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Keep missing this. Has been on sky documentary and sky sports mix, and always find that it's on half way through. Don't have the sports package so hopefully catch it one day.

D

Deleted member 23344

As per the thread title “Loopers, the caddie’s long walk“. It was shown on Sky Golf last night.

NearHull

Visit site
As per the thread title “Loopers, the caddie’s long walk“. It was shown on Sky Golf last night.
I didn’t realise the thread referred to the title of the programme, I had thought it was a reference to what I have often observed in caddies - that many of them seem to take long strides! I feel a bit stupid now.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Caught some of this last night. Very enjoyable. Too tired to watch the lot.

I didn’t realise the thread referred to the title of the programme, I had thought it was a reference to what I have often observed in caddies - that many of them seem to take long strides! I feel a bit stupid now.

From the programme - Loopers is a name for a caddie. At one club they even have shirts with Looper on.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I know one of the Carnoustie caddies who appear on the programme and met him tonight as I was heading out for a few holes. He told me that the impression he'd got at the time of the filming was that it would appear on YouTube and that he'd been a bit surprised when it popped up on SKY.

I enjoyed it - here's the best caddie story ever though - Tour Caddies twitter

NearHull

Visit site
Caught some of this last night. Very enjoyable. Too tired to watch the lot.

From the programme - Loopers is a name for a caddie. At one club they even have shirts with Looper on.

I remember now, Loopers that is. It came up in the book written by the American caddy at St Andrews. He wrote about his journey to play a scratch round in a year (or similar). Can’t recall the title or author and ive now passed it on. I think I bought it from a recommendation on here.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site