Looking for playing buddies...

TheGolfJunky

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all. As a returning golfer who suffered a fairly chronic back injury, I've just opened my membership at Lakeside Lodge near Huntingdon. However I'm looking for some regular playing partners within the Cambridgeshire area. I used to play off 12, however one prolapsed disc later and I expect to be given a handicap in the high-teens low twenties when I finally submit some playing cards at Lakeside.

A bit about me. My name is Tim, I'm 41, married with three children. I love the game, but the social enjoyment is just as important. I'm a big Peterborough United supporter who suffers bi-weekly via a season ticket. I like the odd small side-wager on the round, hate Strictly Come Dancing, footballers that dive and supporters that leave matches early! Hope that helps. :)

I play during the week more than weekends, mainly because I'm self-employed and have flexibility over my hours. However weekends are fine.

Let me know if you are interested...

Tim

I was practising one day when someone came up and asked if they could stand and watch me. I hit four perfect balls and I then stood back and took a practice swing, which is when my so called fan turned around and said:

'Did you know that your practice swing is not the same as your actual swing?'

I packed up my clubs and went home.

- Nick Faldo

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi & welcome Tim :)

I'm a bit far away to be a regular but hopefully I'll come across there sometime and have a game with you.

I think there's a few around your way though.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello and welcome,
I'm not that far from you in St Neots but work in Stevenage.
Play at Wyboston Lakes. Work flexi so I can finish at 4.00 if the weathers good or 12.30 on a Friday. 5-day member so most Saturdays are free.

TheGolfJunky

Hacker
Visit site
Hello and welcome,
I'm not that far from you in St Neots but work in Stevenage.
Play at Wyboston Lakes. Work flexi so I can finish at 4.00 if the weathers good or 12.30 on a Friday. 5-day member so most Saturdays are free.

OK. I can make Wyboston lakes quite easily. If you are interested would you send me a private message? Not sure how this bit is done?