Golfing buddies East Sussex

sjpgolf72

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm getting back to playing the game after a 20 year break and am looking for some golfing buddies around the East Sussex area.

Can play weekends, some weekdays and early evenings.

Would love to hear from anyone in the area.

TeeRev

Visit site
Where are you based in East Sussex, I play at Seaford Golf Club with a bunch of very nice guys, we are mostly mid-high handicappers of the older/retired age group and play not very serious golf on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and occasional weekends. We also have a small and friendly society to play at other Sussex courses several times a year. You would be more than welcome to join us for a guest round some time when the weather improves a bit..

sjpgolf72

Visit site
Hey,

I'm in Denton so literally just down the road.

It would be amazing to join you and thank you so much I really appreciate the offer.

TeeRev

Visit site
No problem, if you haven't played at Blatch yet you will enjoy it, tough but fair and the greens are in fabulous condition. It's all a bit damp at the moment though so it would be to best wait a couple of weeks or so to let it dry up a bit. We usually tee off at around 11.00am and Weds or Fri would be the easiest days to get you in to our group, which would be best for you as I have to book two weeks ahead. Regards, Trevor.

sjpgolf72

Visit site
That's amazing thank you.

I'm away for a little bit then back week commencing the 18th of March. Friday of that week would be fab.

TeeRev

Visit site
That's amazing thank you.

I'm away for a little bit then back week commencing the 18th of March. Friday of that week would be fab.
Sorry, that week is going to be busy and difficult for me, it's my birthday on Tuesday 19th March so I can't play on the Weds as I'm being taken out to lunch at Rathfinney. I'm playing at Sweetwoods in the White Lion Society on Friday 22nd which means I will probably be a little bit hungover and not up for golf on the Saturday. Dates that would work for me to host you at Blatch are Thursday 21st, Sunday 24th, Tuesday 26th or Wednesday 27th, (all subject to weather of course). Alternatively you could join the White Lion Society and play Sweetwoods on Fri 22nd or you could join our Blatchington Wanderers Society and play with us at Willingdon on Thursday 28th. Any day over or after Easter except the Monday would be no problem. You can call me anytime on 07764-578648 to work out a plan.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
That sounds like a great deal sir, Westerham looks to be a lovely course, can I bring a friend?
Yep, no problem at all.
We'll let the weather get better (course is really wet at the moment) and then get something set up.

TeeRev

Visit site
I agree, Seaford normally drains pretty well but we've had so much rain recently that whats been coming down has nowhere to go as the subsoil is full up. We've had a lot of carry only or closed days recently so we need some sunshine with a bit of wind to dry everything up, also it will be better to wait until our new bunkers are in play, hopefully that will be by the end of March.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site

TeeRev

Visit site
@TeeRev there are two coming down from the midlands in June Wed-Sat for the Forum meet at Cooden Beach, what's the chance of a game on the Wed 19th after midday?

@TeeRev there are two coming down from the midlands in June Wed-Sat for the Forum meet at Cooden Beach, what's the chance of a game on the Wed 19th after midday?
That shouldn't be a problem, our little group normally tee of around 11.00 am on a Wednesday but I'm sure they won't mind getting off a bit later, I'll set a reminder in my calendar to confirm a couple of weeks before.

TeeRev

Visit site
And @TeeRev here's the link to the Cooden Beach meet. It's always a great laugh.
Thanks very much for the invite, I've only played Cooden once before and would love to play it again but I'm not sure I could manage two rounds in one day , I'll give it some thought.

Ruzbuk

Visit site
Hi all, not sure if this thread is still active. But recently started playing golf and looking to play more with some people.

I can play early evenings and weekends around East Sussex if anyone is interested :)