Looking for a new set

Little Jockey

Club Champion
Visit site
of clubs. Play of 17 currently but need some new blades and dont really want to spend more than £450 - £500. Considering Mizuno MP 53's.... and want to get them fitted. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

I am based in the Midlands and often find American Golf a little unhelpful?

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why do you want Blades playing off 17? If you like the smaller less topline appearance then all the manufacturers do these. Titleist,Mizuno etc loads out there. Steer clear of AG IMO go to a Pro Shop and get fitted properly. Where in the Midlands are you?

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
of clubs. Play of 17 currently but need some new blades and dont really want to spend more than £450 - £500. Considering Mizuno MP 53's.... and want to get them fitted. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

I am based in the Midlands and often find American Golf a little unhelpful?

mizuno mp53's would be my choice to, look gorgeous and are fairly easy to hit,

they're not blades btw, a forged cavity, for £500 i think you'd only get 5-PW for the mp53's custom fitted (i may be wrong)

go to the mizuno website, you can search for the closest fitting centre to you, that may not be american golf

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not blades, but good choice imo.

Belfry has a fitting centre. £50, deductable from purchase. Not sure whether they do Mizuno - they do 9 including Nike, Callaway.., so I would expect Mizuno also. Heard mixed reports about quality/service though.

Could fit it in with the cheap weekend offer?

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They are nice sleek and the shorter irons have little/no cavity and they progress into the longer irons with more help.

It all depepnds on your quality of strike rather than your handicap, if you duff it around and chip and putt like a magician then you wont like them, as you can go and get fitted and try them for free that seems like a no-brainer.

they are great clubs....:whoo:

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
If your in the Midlands, look up Melvyn Fern at Four Counties Golf (not far from the Belfry) - he's one of the best fitters in the country!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Those Mizuno look very nice. I have had a go with the new TM Tp range and both the MC (muscle cavity) and the MB (muscle back) look fantastic and are very easy to hit. You can even mix the sets up as they are designed to be transpossed into a combo set up if you wish. Not sure if they float your boat but they do feel really nice when you strike them.

Laughing Gravy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If your in the Midlands, look up Melvyn Fern at Four Counties Golf (not far from the Belfry) - he's one of the best fitters in the country!

So if you go to Melvyn at Four Counties or a similar place are you limited to just the clubs they supply or can you take along bought Mizuno, Pings etc? Would Melvyn be looking to supply Wishon or Alpha Clubs? Just wondering what the pros and cons would be...?