Longest / shortest hole?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Time's up. Nobody wins the virtual prize but it was only a link to a coat of arms anyway.

So the answer to the location of the longest hole is...
" I won't mention the course's name but it's in the West Midlands."

The shortest.
"Another fairly local course has a par 3 of a mere 60 yards, so you don't need to be bold to play it. Another clue there."

Reverse the highlighted. On the edge of Sutton Park in the West Midlands is the shortest hole I've ever seen on a full sized course. It's just pitch and putt.
They closed the former 18th hole of the same length which did have character, at the back of the car park in order to build there. They haven't the last time I looked but replaced it with the same length of hole on the front nine.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I love short par 3’s as well. Much prefer a short we’ll guarded par 3 than one over 200 yd’s long. My favourite was about 90 yards, tiny green with water to the front and sides and OOB to the back.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Also a fan of short par 3's.

Maybe not 60 yards, but around the 100 yard mark with a well shaped green and good bunkers/defence. One great shot required but a good shot may leave you scrambling hard to save a 4.

We have a great par 3 on our course. Normally plays around 140 off the back sticks but its a very skinny long raised up green. If you miss the green you can be playing ping pong going back and forwards very easily

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I used to like short par 3s, until we had our new second hole put in.

It's only around 110 yards but I'd guess that over 50% of the time I either chunk my ball 50 yards or blade it over the green. :mad: