Longest Day Challenge.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Me and a few friends were talking about taking up the longest day challenge this year,and i was wondering if any forumers had done this in the past, or planning to do so this year ?
Having never done this before i'd be greatful for any advice regarding the challenge.We have discussed several options ranging from playing as many holes as possible during daylight at our home course,or maybe approaching other local course's and asking if they'd allow us courtesy of the course,then trying to play 18 holes at as many local course's as we can before dark.
Many thanks in advance if anybody can offer any advice.:thup:

Holey

Medal Winner
Visit site
Three friends and I are doing it this year, we're doing it all at one course, and contacted them last week to discuss logistics. They have been really supportive, not charging us green fees, and allowing us to play through any members groups who will be warned before they tee off. They're also helping us with a raffle and a few other bits to fund raise. Overall I'm very impressed with their response.

What time are you teeing off? One of my mates reckons 5.30am, but I'm convinced we'll need longer than that, I'm trying to push for 4am.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Three friends and I are doing it this year, we're doing it all at one course, and contacted them last week to discuss logistics. They have been really supportive, not charging us green fees, and allowing us to play through any members groups who will be warned before they tee off. They're also helping us with a raffle and a few other bits to fund raise. Overall I'm very impressed with their response.

What time are you teeing off? One of my mates reckons 5.30am, but I'm convinced we'll need longer than that, I'm trying to push for 4am.

Thanks for your input.
Its all in the planning stage at the moment,but having looked at sunrise and sunset times,i'm guessing it'll be light enough to start by 4.15ish and that would give us nearly 17 hours of daylight.I hope my club is as supportive as yours.
Best of luck with your challenge.

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site

04:30 start for us.

Scadge

Head Pro
Visit site
did it a few years ago playing 4 different courses (starting at 4:30) and raising £10k (we did it for make a wish). All the courses gave us courtesy but/and I think we could have raised more money with better marketing at the clubs we were playing (eg collection buckets in the proshop, notices etc). Remember, grazing is better than big meals, changes of socks really help, perhaps a shower after two rounds, have a 36 holes practice a bit before

ps good luck !