Long drive championship

evemccc

Visit site
Bryson's actually doing pretty well in this. It's noticeable he seems to keep a lot more drives "in the grid" than the others and he's right up there in distance.

I like Bryson

Clearly I know none of the US Ryder Cup team, but Brooks is clearly a man-child narcissist, who in their ‘feud’ is responsible for 90% of the ‘feuding’ - based on the summary the BBC / Golf Monthly / any other publication has written about their r/ship

The only thing Bryson said was “not great Abs” or something innocuous

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only caught his first set. I see he has carried it 412 now.

Getting it out there.

This guys swing caught my eye. Gotta try that.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Conditions probably didnt suit him either, he'll actually have a decent advantage against a lot of them if it goes into the wind as he has a lower ball flight than the top guys do

Kyle Berkshire in the next flight, expect hes a pretty decent favourite with a few of the other big guys missing from the comp

HeftyHacker

Visit site
How would you get into this in the UK? Is it something that certain driving ranges or golf clubs have comps for?

I ask as I've got a mate who is a big hitter and reckon he'd probs enjoy a crack at it but don't really know where to start...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How would you get into this in the UK? Is it something that certain driving ranges or golf clubs have comps for?

I ask as I've got a mate who is a big hitter and reckon he'd probs enjoy a crack at it but don't really know where to start...

Listening to the commentary yesterday it seems they have a very active message board community. Probably a good place to look if you wanted to get into it.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Not sure if it's still the case but American Golf sponsored it for at least one year, so hit in their simulators, if long enough went into regional finals onto finals etc - think those were held outside once qualified.

There is a guy from Tamworth in the Midlands called Jordan Brooks that competes quite well who hadn't had much experience and @LeeCoxGolfCoach on twitter seems to train a lot of long drive players based out of the Shire London. If you did think you'd be part of it then ask a question there i guess.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
He's made it into the last 16.
I've not watched him yet but watched a little of the other half of the draw. It's a shame the electronic scoring is so poor.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I was cheering for Matt Nicole, who used to teach me for a time in Canary Wharf. He won European Long Drive in 2018. Sadly, here, he had a bad practice round in last 32 and couldn't find the grid, so missed the cut. Lovely lad and not that bulky at all in comparison to some of them. His timing is usually immaculate though and his clubhead speed is pretty impressive.