London Region - King Of Kings 2014

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

So the time has finally come to start getting names, dates and locations for the London Qualifier for the King of Kings tournament.

Please see the below for more information:

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w587/virtgolf/Poster1_zps525e61d3.jpg

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w587/virtgolf/PosterTampCs_zpsb53a3374.jpg

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w587/virtgolf/PosterPayments_zps007951a4.jpg

As a member of the club, personally I think Ealing would be a good venue for the London qualifiers for a couple of reasons.

1) I will be able to get a discount of sorts which should bring the costs down - good news for all!
2) The club is located on the A40, 5 mins from the North Circular, 10 mins from M40 / M25, 15 mins from A4 - relatively easy to get to for most.
3) The condition of the course is second to none and by March time should be looking very pretty with greens running quickly.
4) It will allow me to get there early and make sure everything is set up.
5) The clubhouse is relatively informal and so if people just want to have a couple of pints and some nibbles after we can, conversely, if we want to have a proper meal, we can do that too!

I'm MORE than happy to ring round other club and get prices etc, but as someone relatively new to the area will need some suggestions?

My knowledge of other clubs in the close vicinity has come from playing matches there and I would say tht Ealing will be in much better condition, and cheaper than; Northwood, West Mid, Grimms Dyke, Wyke Green, Hendon, Sudbury, Stanmore or Muswell Hill but am happy to inquire if people wish?

If you could signal your interest below and a course preference, that would be great :)

Last edited:

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just to reiterate virtuocity's earlier note about playing at multiple venues.

All are welcome so those knocking about in Surrey / Middlesex etc please feel free to join in and contribute.

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a member of the club, personally I think Ealing would be a good venue for the London qualifiers for a couple of reasons.

1) I will be able to get a discount of sorts which should bring the costs down - good news for all!
2) The club is located on the A40, 5 mins from the North Circular, 10 mins from M40 / M25, 15 mins from A4 - relatively easy to get to for most.
3) The condition of the course is second to none and by March time should be looking very pretty with greens running quickly.
4) It will allow me to get there early and make sure everything is set up.
5) The clubhouse is relatively informal and so if people just want to have a couple of pints and some nibbles after we can, conversely, if we want to have a proper meal, we can do that too!

You forgot number 6

6) You are a member there and will therefore have an big advantage over the rest of the field ;)

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You forgot number 6

6) You are a member there and will therefore have an big advantage over the rest of the field ;)

Or, my handicap will be correct at that course and bearing in mind I've come down from 10 to 6 this year, I'm probably not going to be able to shoot too much lower on the day ;)

But, fair gripe, what course would be your recommendations?

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or, my handicap will be correct at that course and bearing in mind I've come down from 10 to 6 this year, I'm probably not going to be able to shoot too much lower on the day ;)

But, fair gripe, what course would be your recommendations?

It wasnt a gripe, just a bit of friendly banter. You can play it where ever you want as far as I'm concerned, it's a bit too far South for me :).

D

Deleted member 1418

Please put me down for this. Ealing is fine for me. Alternatively Stanmore and Grims Dyke are very close by! Am pretty certain that both will also give a very good rate! Not too sure where else to recommend.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Count me ("the moaner" ) as long as the date don't clash with skiing, which is always a late arrangement but I'll enter whatever

Well done jimbo

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Please put me down for this. Ealing is fine for me. Alternatively Stanmore and Grims Dyke are very close by! Am pretty certain that both will also give a very good rate! Not too sure where else to recommend.

Yep! Count me in - date dependent obviously!

Stanmore is a good shout Paul. :thup: