Lofts of my clubs

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Forget that, just done one and nowt meaningful came of it...

No idea how you'd get a hold of that kind of info, I know that 'mizuno' and the likes can be found through an internet search but as for yer 'Hippos' I'm at a loss...

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
so guessing these irons from a good while back something like the early 2000's

big john daly sometime back then-ish had some kinda endorsement deal with 'hippo' for a driver - no idea if he used the irons
think though they had a 'pro' model of some kind as well as the 'plus'

the hippo plus irons (out of interest put a call into my pa & grandpa both golfers though wouldn't have used these clubs) anyways they both seem to think they were some kinda of a 'copy' of a well known club & ball manufacturers 'oversize black dci's'

so if that was the case & they circa early 2000's then the loft's would be more standard lofts - before the lower loft & change of center of gravity high launch started to happen

so they likely be something around
3i 22°
4i 25°5i 28°6i 31°7i 34.5°8i 39°9i 43°PW 47°SW 56°
easiest ways to find exactly what lofts they currently are is to take them to PGA Pro for a loft check through the set

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the info!
Yer I bought them in 1998 played a few summer's and just picked up the game again.
I play against my old man and his RSI 1s and all ways using a club more even 2..
Will get some new clubs soon :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
New tech will mean new clubs will be way more forgiving. There used to be a golf shop, AG or Nevada Bob I think, near The Pelican in Sale. Is that still there? If not then there is Clubhouse Golf in Salford and an AG at The Trafford Centre, all within 10 minutes or so of Sale. AG should have loads of 2nd hand clubs in stock that will be fine for you, they did a daft trade in offer that left them with loads of stock. Fill your boots!

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Forgiving... that's what I'm hoping for! It's the first thing my Golf pro said to me, newer clubs will more forgiving and more distance!

There is a load of shops near me, Scottsdale (maybe this is the one close to The Pelican?), Clubhouse, AG @ TC, just need to take the plunge.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think that one has changed hands since I was last there as it certainly was not a Scottsdale then. Makes sense though as if it was AG then no reason to have that and the Trafford Centre site so close together. My Auntie lived nearby so I have vague memories of the area, we turned left just after The Pelican from memory.

You'll like the new clubs. No more bone shakers on a winters day, bad shots not being quite so bad, good shots feeling ever so sweet. I had an old set of Hippos and there was nothing wrong with them. New clubs have moved on though.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two ways (if you cannot find any info)

1. take a PW with known loft and compare it to the one in the set. Then add 4 degrees for each club upwards

2. Borrow or buy an angle finder (less than £10) also useful if you do a lot of DIY.