Lockdown birthday party

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Pretty good all things considered.

The wife had her 40th during lockdown 1 with just me and the kids. We had a great time. We decked the dining room out like a fine restaurant and I cooked a very nice meal with some very very nice beef. And made the garden into a small seaside resort.

We made the best of it we could. And honestly wouldn’t change it for anything else.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My 50th in Dec 2020 should have been a 2 week all inclusive holiday in Mauritius, got downgraded to a week in a flat in Hastings and then was further downgraded to a substantial meal and 2 pints in the local pub :mad:
My 51st last month was meant to be a weekend in London with a trip to a Cabaret Show, afternoon tea and a trip on the London Eye - I had Covid so had to postpone it. We are trying again this weekend, minus the London Eye

RichA

Visit site
My 50th was also December 2020, between lockdowns.
Golf in the morning, a walk in the afternoon, dinner at home with MrsA.
Didn't get to see my elderly father for 4 months because for the brief period it was allowed it seemed irresponsible.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A ten minute birthday party is my idea of heaven. Actually, no. Two minutes would be even better.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It was in late August and it was so memorable that I cant remember a thing about it other than I had cake....always have cake on a birthday....other than that?
Not a clue...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wife was 50 in October. Wanted to go away, ideally on a cruise down the Danube but given how Omicrom has been its been put off until next year. Will have a party this summer with lots ofr friends and family (covid permitting)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My Mother-in-Law was 90 on 18th May 2020. Our lad drove 15miles down to Chesterfield from Sheff with a cake and bunch of flowers from us. He placed them on her front doorstep; rang the doorbell, and then went to stand on the pavement at top of her drive 20yds away. When she opened the door he wished his Nan Happy 90th birthday from the pavement - a few more words and that was that.

Mrs was 60 19th Set 2020. We didn't do anything. She was going to go away for three nights with two of her longest bestest friends also 60 that year. They went September past.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I had a birthday in the first lockdown, celebrated with a cold beer on the patio. Next birthday in another lockdown. Celebrated with a cold beer on the patio. I also retired from the cops during lockdown. 30 years public service marked with a cold beer on the patio.

There’s a pattern, certainly.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
First Lockdown March 2020 was spent with 200 people. I was on a plane over the Atlantic coming back early from Mexico. ?
Last year was a non event.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Mine did not fall within a lockdown period, just some restrictions at the time, so we made it a "work event" as I understand it now.
Just two households meeting up, five people in total.
It must have been good, because I don't remember much about it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My birthday is beginning of September so it was fine both years. In 2020 I did an escape room then to a bar - it was about a week or two before they introduced that bizarre 10pm curfew with the pubs. In 2021 we went to Boxpark and did axe throwing and crazy golf.

My wife's birthday is March so her plans were destroyed both times. She likes it when I remind her of this.