Lockdown birthday party

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was due to go out for dinner in town back the end of March 2020, played golf then saw the news later that we were going into lockdown. Got a call from the restaurant cancelling. Didn't even bother trying last year. Not going to for the next one either.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
First one was pretty quiet but my birthday was on a Wednesday and we had not long come back from a weekend away in York.

Second one in lockdown was a full on 4 course meal at home with my wife followed by a live stream of PWEI gig that was being held within regulations in London.

2021 was a weekend in Birghton with a PWEI gig on my birthday.

Managed to do something every year despite having 2 with restrictions.

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I postponed my 40th celebration due to covid and my wife going to hospital with issues in early pregnancy. We haven't really managed to celebrate any major event since covid started, so are due a big celebration once normality returns.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a birthday in the first lockdown, celebrated with a cold beer on the patio. Next birthday in another lockdown. Celebrated with a cold beer on the patio. I also retired from the cops during lockdown. 30 years public service marked with a cold beer on the patio.

There’s a pattern, certainly.
I retired in July last year with a mug of tea in my lounge! ?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
My 60th was October 2020 - collected pizzas from our local pub and we ate it with a very nice bottle of wine.

I did my big meal when I was 50, so I was perfectly happy that night.