Local knowledge/course recommendations East Yorkshire Bridlington

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all we are off to the above for a weeks seaside holiday with my family

I have permission for a couple of rounds of golf and looking for the above don’t mind travelling 20/30 miles

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scarborough South Cliff has the best sea views and I prefer it to Northcliff where holes 1, 2, 16 - 18 are rather mundane.
Nearer, Flamborough Head is on the cliff top with panoramic views of the North Sea and Driffield is a nice parkland course.
The best in the area but a big challenge is Ganton of course.

Last edited:

freshcat

Hacker
Visit site
I am from Bridlington and a member at the links, the best courses (exlcuding Ganton) near are Hornsea ( the best), and the 2 Scarborough courses, I prefer North Cliff. As rulefan said Driffield is a nice course.
Flamborough I like the back 9 but hate the front. If you were to go slightly further then Malton would be a good day out.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations I played Malton on Tuesday and Hornsea yesterday, both good courses and enjoyed both tracks

Was going to give Filey a go, but they were having greens maintenance this week with some temp greens

I will be returning shortly though as my elderly father-in-law lives in the local area, shall give the other recommendations a go then