Lob Wedges

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a lob wedge that has a face angle of 60 degrees and 10 degrees of bounce.

Problem = how far away from the green should I use it, and what sort of stance should I be concentrating on, and what sort of swing aswell? :)

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a lob wedge that has a face angle of 60 degrees and 10 degrees of bounce.

Problem = how far away from the green should I use it, and what sort of stance should I be concentrating on, and what sort of swing aswell? :)

Really???

Only you know the answer to question 1. Get yourself to a park (when no-one else is around) and hit a load of balls with the lob wedge. Measure them all out - job done.

Question 2 - a slightly open stance

Question 3 - impossible to answer as it'll depend what shot you're playing.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I understand what your saying, but what sort of outcome will I get from the lob wedge, compared to my pitching wedge?

Probably a lot of thins and fats then you will throw it away.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Pw will travel further than the lob wedge but not necessrily lower. Ideally all clubs should rea h the same height but reach that height at different points in their flight. The lobber should spin more and stop quicker.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pw will travel further than the lob wedge but not necessrily lower. Ideally all clubs should rea h the same height but reach that height at different points in their flight. The lobber should spin more and stop quicker.

Cheers for answering my question there, looks like I should hit the park over the back of my house, and start hitting a few balls with this to work out its distances and heights!

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site

Cheers for answering my question there, looks like I should hit the park over the back of my house, and start hitting a few balls with this to work out its distances and heights!

As Imurg says they should go roughly the same height but at different stages of flight. The distance aspect comes from the loft on the club mainly, so the lower the club the lower the loft (4iron 24 degrees, PW 47 degrees roughly)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I use 4 wedges and reckon the sort of distance on a full shot

Pitching wedge 125 yds

54* 100 yards

56* 85 yards (mainly use in bunkers with 14* bounce)

58* 65 Yards

I use the 58* almost always, anywhere near the green, I hope that this helps and, yes, the other guys are right you need to do a controlled testing to find out your stats

Chris