Liv advert

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This ad totally destroys the ability to read thread easily on this forum on my ipad2.
I have Adblock plus on my Windows pc, and that stops it but it also can stop the privacy question pop up many sites have that means they don’t then work.
What with certain members constant arguing and these ads, this forum is becoming forgetable.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If viewing on an apple device (I’m using an i phone) , when the add pops up abd covers the complete page just press refresh and it drops back to the bottom of the page as a banner. Prob solved

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Press refresh / reload in your mobile browser.
Which is a workaround, not a fix. A good one for sure, but not a fix.
[Edit] and isn't working 100% now too! Grrrr!
[2nd edit] I've found if I refresh then scroll down a little, but quickly enough, it seems to just display the banner at the bottom.
This is just awful.
And for anyone saying to use an adblocker, how long before GM have to tell their advertisers everyone had a blocker and aren't seeing your ads. And then the site is no longer free?
The answer is not adblockers, the answer is proper testing of adverts before they go live.

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Which is a workaround, not a fix. A good one for sure, but not a fix.
[Edit] and isn't working 100% now too! Grrrr!
[2nd edit] I've found if I refresh then scroll down a little, but quickly enough, it seems to just display the banner at the bottom.
This is just awful.
And for anyone saying to use an adblocker, how long before GM have to tell their advertisers everyone had a blocker and aren't seeing your ads. And then the site is no longer free?
As I posted earlier, people have been complaining about adverts on the forum since 2007.
16 years of complaining and nothing has changed.
And nothing will.
It's like ITV with no adverts.
The answer is not adblockers, the answer is proper testing of adverts before they go live.
You may not like it but 16 years of complaining shows that adblockers is the only answer if you want to block the adverts, they're not going to stop.
It's not right, people shouldn't have to do it but it's a fact of life.
See post no.32

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
As I posted earlier, people have been complaining about adverts on the forum since 2007.
16 years of complaining and nothing has changed.
And nothing will.
It's like ITV with no adverts.

You may not like it but 16 years of complaining shows that adblockers is the only answer if you want to block the adverts, they're not going to stop.
It's not right, people shouldn't have to do it but it's a fact of life.
See post no.32
You are missing my point, Bob.
I am not complaining about adverts. I have no objextion to moat adverts.
I'm complaining about a specific kind of advert that prevents me from using the site.
Two different things.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
No, I didn't miss the point.
I've been told for over a decade what the point is and that the site is unusable.
Some adverts are small, some are big and some make the site unusable. I get that but I'll have to take your word for that as I don't see any. None. Zilch. Zero
It's just frustrating to see some forumers angry when the solution is so quick, easy and free.

A question for those who don't like downloading apps....
Do you not have any other apps on your devices?

Bob something had changed - this advert is the worst ever on the forum. Other ads have been irritating but this one makes it unuseable.

Even more reason to give adblocker plus a try, just like 250 million other people have done. And as I've said before... If you don't like it, uninstall it.

Swango1980

Visit site
How the hell has this ad not been fixed yet? Pretty sure it first caused me issues last Friday. I've had to re enter this page 3 times just to be able to make this post.

It is only this LIV ad that has ever caused me issues on this site. This one, and one last year. It just covers the entire page, and clicking on anything simply takes me to LIV page. Perhaps that allows LIV to boast bout the traffic on their site, but 95% of that traffic is probably unintended

Swango1980

Visit site
No, I didn't miss the point.
I've been told for over a decade what the point is and that the site is unusable.
Some adverts are small, some are big and some make the site unusable. I get that but I'll have to take your word for that as I don't see any. None. Zilch. Zero
It's just frustrating to see some forumers angry when the solution is so quick, easy and free.

A question for those who don't like downloading apps....
Do you not have any other apps on your devices?

Even more reason to give adblocker plus a try, just like 250 million other people have done. And as I've said before... If you don't like it, uninstall it.
Ad blocker is trying to solve a problem for people. A problem that would not be so much of an issue if advertisements didn't make websites unusable. That is the problem people are highlighting, don't see an issue with that.

Most people don't care too much about ads. They are necessary in many respects, give websites funding and generally improve them for the users, so we can use them for free. This is the only ad that has made the website unusable in months.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Haven't seen an ad on the Forum for a long, long time.
Using Opera and Ublock Origin for belt and braces.

1688461959687.png

Attachments

• 1688461754289.png
    1688461754289.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 1