Liv advert

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s just laziness as has been said many times before. Clearly hasn’t been tested. It’s a free forum so who cares about the impact on the free users as long as the ad revenue rolls in.

This one is special though, covers all of the functions so you can’t click anywhere without triggering the link.

And no, I don’t want to, nor should I need to, install any ad blockers just to use a simple forum.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
And is it my imagination or do these adverts always pop up on a Friday?

Which means that nobody from GM's tech side will be around to fix it until Monday, during which time it will have "done it's job" for the advertiser, who probably think it's been successful as they've had quite a few click throughs, little realising that they have in fact pissed off a large number of golfers?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
it is very irritating and covers most of the screen, you cannot read the full post, oddly though it doesn't show on this part of the forum

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a PC and virtually everywhere I click on the forum it opens a link for it.
Roll on Monday assuming somebody notices it is for something that finishes today

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had a Genesis car advert for weeks .
this has been replaced by a LIV advert. Which is even worse.
it’s putting me off this forum.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I understand some people don't want to install ad blockers.
What I don't understand is why.
It's free, easy and quick to install and over 250 million people use adblockers safely every day.

Apparently, "the ads are so annoying they almost make the forum unusable", I wouldn't know, I've never seen one.

I know some people say "why should I" or "I shouldn't have to" but the facts are these ads have been running for years are here to stay and if you don't want to see them, just block them.
Madandra... I would like to get the annoying, irritating and simply blatant Setanta Pop-up removed from the Forum page. I am sure every man, woman, and child who plays God's game and browses this Forum is more than aware that Setenta have the rights to show the USPGA. Please join with me in expressing our discontent with this pest. Hands across the fairways guys. Lets see what happens.

Does the Setanta pop-up get on your goat? 2007
You're probably bored stiff being told to install adblockers but everyone else is probably getting bored stiff about you complaining about the ads when there is a quick, simple and free way of never seeing an add again.

And at the end of the day, if you do download an adblocker and you don't like it, just go to your control panel and uninstall it.
All in my humble ad free opinion of course

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
It's got nothing to do with blocking ads for me. It's got everything to do with ads taking over the entire forum page making it almost impossible to use.
I have no problem with ads and they keep the site free, probably, so keep them. Just make them behave properly on all devices.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
As Bratty says, it’s not about ads. Ads are fine and are on 99.9% of sites and some can be useful (the ones that make me buy loads of J Lindeberg gear for example!).

The issue is the lazy, almost incompetent, roll out of these ads on an almost constant basis.

Rather than users having to take action (installing third party software that’s “free”, in software nothing is *ever* free), just be professional and do due diligence and adequate user testing across platforms before deployment. It’s not hard and it doesn’t take long if planned correctly.

I get that ads keep the forum going, but so do users. No members, no forum.
Ads and users should co-exist in harmony. But the mighty dollar/pound/riyal seems to take priority over users actually having a good experience using the tool.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know it's quickest fingers first but be able to click on anywhere on the forum before the LIV ad pops up and takes me to their website is plain ridiculous.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interestingly. Using a PC I have just realised leaving the web page for LIV open on a tab stops the annoying side pop ups that stop me from using the post reply tab, I have been jumping backwards and forwards to use it