Liv advert

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The problem with ad-blocker is that some sites will not work with it in place. You solve one problem, create another. The only problem I have have with intrusive ads is on this site so if GM resolve the ever repeating bad design then ad blocker will be unnecessary, no more annoyance.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The problem with ad-blocker is that some sites will not work with it in place. You solve one problem, create another. The only problem I have have with intrusive ads is on this site so if GM resolve the ever repeating bad design then ad blocker will be unnecessary, no more annoyance.
I would say the small inconvenience of tweaking the adblocker settings for those sites that you only have to do once (always allow ads on this site) it's worth it to have an add free forum that you use alot.
As for GM changing their policy on intrusive adverts, going by the last 16 years info, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I did disable my adblockers to see how bad the adverts were and holy moly....I see the point.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Regardless of the use of Adblockers or not i completely fail to see the logic behind incorporating an advert like this that, effectively, disables the website.
It will only encourage people to use Adblockers, thereby rendering the adverts useless.
How GM can't see that ads like this infuriate their users baffles me.
I appreciate that ads are required....but put them where the function of the forum isn't obliterated.
Sorry GM...this is poor and it's not the first, second or even third time.
It almost gives off an air that the Forum doesn't matter anymore....

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Regardless of the use of Adblockers or not i completely fail to see the logic behind incorporating an advert like this that, effectively, disables the website.
It will only encourage people to use Adblockers, thereby rendering the adverts useless.
I appreciate that ads are required....but put them where the function of the forum isn't obliterated.
Spot on young Imurg - I've now turned on my adblocker

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

I don't think anyone would argue with you. Some adverts are obviously required to keep the funds coming in but enough is enough.
When they first started for me, I tried adblock and it worked perfectly. Since then, I have added adblock plus and have them both running together and judging by the number of complaints I've seen over the years, I've found no reason to turn them off.
At least I've encouraged a few to try adblocker and they are now enjoying the forum again.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Can we have an option to get rid of the LiV add that is back at the bottom of the forum on mobile?

In fact all adds that appear at the bottom of the forum that don’t actually fit the screen properly.

Does anyone who manages the platform check them before pushing out?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
There is at least an x at the top left corner of the ad this time.
But when it first loads it does resize the page, which is frustrating.
And no, I'm not installing adblockers!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
There is at least an x at the top left corner of the ad this time.
But when it first loads it does resize the page, which is frustrating.
And no, I'm not installing adblockers!
There is, but it comes back on the next page you load.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
There is, but it comes back on the next page you load.
You're right. It does. Damn it!
If the advert just sat at the bottom, nice and quietly, minding its own business and not resizing the page, then fine.
But it doesn't. Once again, untested and ruining the browser experience.