Line on your ball

Golfmax1234

Visit site
Can you align your driver on the tee with a line on your ball, I know it can be done on the green, but can it be done on the tee.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a line, but I draw a smiley on my ball. If I've played the previous hole well I tee it up with the smiley pointing at me. If the ball has played the previous hole badly (not me, it was the ball's fault) I tee it up with the smiley pointing at the club face. A good smack in the face will teach the little so and so to laugh at me!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a ball balancer (Technasonic) and the whole point is that you align the line on the ball to your intended line of play.

Last edited:

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use a ball balancer (Technomatic) and the whole point is that you align the line on the ball to your intended line of play.

Well you learn something new everyday! When i googled it part of me thought you were making it up to lead us on :) Many coaches stand by the concept of marginal gains though after all.

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
Can you align your driver on the tee with a line on your ball, I know it can be done on the green, but can it be done on the tee.

Played with a guy a few weeks ago who did this on every tee and it was painful to watch!:( a couple of times he went through his pre shot routine, only to then decide he wasn't happy with the aim, readjust the line of the ball on the tee and go through his pre shot routine again :eek: I thought people were only slow when using a line with their putts as well :sleep:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played with a guy a few weeks ago who did this on every tee and it was painful to watch!:( a couple of times he went through his pre shot routine, only to then decide he wasn't happy with the aim, readjust the line of the ball on the tee and go through his pre shot routine again :eek: I thought people were only slow when using a line with their putts as well :sleep:

Yes I have a mate like that too. Hs excuse on the green is poor eyesight when stood over the ball.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well you learn something new everyday! When i googled it part of me thought you were making it up to lead us on :) Many coaches stand by the concept of marginal gains though after all.

Edited now to say Technasonic (Check Go)

When I first bought it I did a few balls for a mate it made him go out and buy one as well.

Having just checked the spelling on line I cannot believe how much they now cost, I paid less than £10

sunshine

Visit site
I sometines align my identifying mark on my ball at 5 o'clock as I look at it at address, to encourage an in-to-out swing. Not sure it makes any difference though

Me too, but with the brand name. I draw a line on my ball with a sharpie (for putting) but on the tee I place the ball so I won't smudge the line when I hit it (or get pen on my clubface).

I sound a bit OCD :LOL:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Playing devil's advocate.

Did it help him hit better shots instead of losing balls? Therefore, speeding up play?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you go to winter rules you will be able to do this on the fairway too.

If you pick the ball up for any valid reason you are allowed to put it down in the orientation you wish. So if you have picked it up at somebody else's request and there is mud on the ball you can put it down in such a way that the mud does not interfere with the impact (anytime of the year).

Be warned though once you have placed the ball it is in play so you cannot change the orientation again.