Lets shine a light a-mid all the crap currently going on

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would agree that the BBC have done a tremendous job covering this. Not just on Breakfast but on their website and also on the documentary they did. A tremendous show of friendship and support from Kevin Sinfield. Again a great player and now showing to be a great friend and man. I have to admit to shedding a tear or two watching it this morning. The money raised for MND is now at £1,014,300 and apparently money has flowed in since the further coverage this morning.
Well done to everyone involved in this and thoughts to all those suffering with this dreadful disease.
All those moaning because they can't get out for a drink, or a game of golf, or anythingthing else of that ilk, things like this put it into perspective. Our inconveniences are short-term. Their suffering goes on.
Great to see this going Nation-wide.... well done the BBC.... & you guys on here for responding to it all.... https://fb.watch/2eafP296CZ/

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched Kev on the BBC breakfast show this morning.

Have to admit I had tears streaming down my face.

Like others on here I have seen Rob Burrow play many times.

My god, he could play.

What this disease has done to him (and others) is heart breaking.

Well done to Kevin Sinfield and well done to the BBC for getting behind him.

Past £2,250,000 now btw.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And now at £1.75 million. :eek: It restores some of your faith in human nature. (y):)
Hahaha......... Just like you all did to help out when I was in danger of depriving the H4H veteran of that GoKart Trolley that I woke-up in time to make a final bid on during the H4H Auction 2 or 3 years ago.... I seem to remember we finished buying one for him & one for his fellow Veteran....... such is this forum's generosity. Some good memories. :):)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Hahaha......... Just like you all did to help out when I was in danger of depriving the H4H veteran of that GoKart Trolley that I woke-up in time to make a final bid on during the H4H Auction 2 or 3 years ago.... I seem to remember we finished buying one for him & one for his fellow Veteran....... such is this forum's generosity. Some good memories. :):)

Yeah, we're not the worst bunch on here. Not far from it, but not the worst... ;)

Sometimes we just forget to remember it. :rolleyes:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched a documentary on this on You Tube. Called "Seven in Seven - the inside story" if anyone's interested. Kevin Sinfield is one of life's good guys.
Yes, I find it amazing that however complicated & diverse our world gets, it's still pretty easy to identify genuinely sincere & good guys like Kev & Rashford.
So how on earth have we got the PM we have..... unbelievable.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I was watching on BBC this morning about the next thing that Kevin Sinfield is doing.
It was sad to see the state of Rob and Doddie now, and how they have deteriorated. The work Kevin Sinfield has done to raise money and awareness for MND is immense. And he has done it with a quiet dignity and resolve, and for a mate (in the first instance). I have nothing but absolute respect for the man.
Kevin Sinfield: Rugby league star's 300-mile challenge for MND

Last edited:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've sadly had a friend recently diagnosed with MND at the age of 42. I hadn't seen him in probably 12 months or so before last night and it was heartbreaking to see the deterioration - slurring words, shaky and a more nasal voice.

The worst thing was we'd been taking the mick out him as his golf had started to drop off a cliff about 18 months ago and we were like "just swing at it, you look like you're holding back on it" but the poor bugger was just slowing down and didn't know why at the time.

A cruel cruel disease.