lessons have sent me back!

trackdayking

Club Champion
Visit site
Basically as in title! I've been playing off 18 for a while now and I was hoping a few lessons would help me drop down a few more....Anyway only had 2 lessons and I feel I'm going backwards!!! Change of grip and position of hands on grip has killed my game!! should i stick it out or go back? I feel its knocked my confidence so every shot now makes me nervous which is making a knock on effect!!! would like input from other golfers and a confidence boost!

Stick it out, we've all been there and a grip change takes a few weeks to feel 'normal'. Your playing to 18 with your old swing, if you want to improve you must change and practice that change until it's your new swing. If you don't embrace the changes and improvements your pro knows you need you'll always be 18.
Accept them and you will see a marked improvent soon depending on how much practice you put in.
Good luck.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I would have a chat with your pro again. Explain your not happy with your game and the chances are he'll have a quick look gratis. That way you'll know if you're on the right track or not.
Did you hit it well during your lesson?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't worry I was off 10 verging on 9 and went for a lesson ended up changing everything and it has taken 6 months and I went out to 12,but it is slowly coming back and it is worth the pain. As Bob said go and get it checked to make sure you are still doing what he wants.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Usual form is to get worse before getting better!

The key thing about lessons is you must do GOOD practice! Meaning you are doing exactly what the pro wants you to do! Very easy to grain a hybrid version of your version with the pro version.

When you go back, take a camera and ask the pro to take a pic of new grip and new hands position - this will be your frame of reference/check going forward for good practice!

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
jasondransfieldgolf.wordpress.com
Have a chat with your pro and tell him how you feel about things, he may explain what you need to be doing in a slightly different way that you all of a sudden you get and your confidence will comeback. Keep on working smart and your game WILL improve.