lesson on launch monitor

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello everyone

I'm considering booking a lesson with someone who uses a launch monitor (trackman) and wondering if it's worthwhile? The lesson is £50 for an hour lesson. Anyone ever been on one? Benefits/drawbacks?

Cheers
Jd

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hello everyone

I'm considering booking a lesson with someone who uses a launch monitor (trackman) and wondering if it's worthwhile? The lesson is £50 for an hour lesson. Anyone ever been on one? Benefits/drawbacks?

Cheers
Jd

Its not that common to have a lesson on a LM.

It really depends on your level and what the pro is going to do with the LM. Is it a tweak to your swing or wholesale changes? If the former, then it may be of benefit to see how the change affects launch angle, ball speed, etc. If the latter, then may be not.

Would be good if you could hit balls to the outside to confirm flight, rather than into a net.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hopefully more tweaking than overhauling- done that recently with some success! I just don't know if it's worth the money! This is the website for the place

http://golf-revolution.co.uk/packagesandpricing.php

He does high speed camera stuff too so should cover normal lesson stuff anyway!

You ever used one? Was it of much benefit?

Used plenty of LMs and vids, but not all together in one lesson. Certainly could be good, to check your swing, get swing data, etc. Can't really offer a steer; really depends on what you want to get out of it. :)

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks piece I think curiosity will get the better of me.

Was just interested to see if anyone had been on a lesson using one and if they found it to be a waste of time or not. Sounds like it'll be a positive experience from what you say. So if I find it useless I'm blaming you........just messing! Depends really on the instructor I suppose!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would go for it, nothing to lose (bar £50 of course) but if you get good data and feedback via video on the swing rather than just a pro's word then surely it can only benefit you as to what to work on

good luck :)

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
MY pro teaches indoors using a launch monitor and video cameras and I was not that keen on it but as we were working on wholesale changes (everything) to my swing I find it a benefit.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Bobmac you say at my stage you would spend the money on normal lessons! Why? do you think it could harm my game?

I just feel it's more important to get your basics right before getting involved with crunch factors and spin rates...and cheaper

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
Bobmac would it not give me precise information about how steep, shallow, inside, outside i'm approaching the ball and detailed info on swing plane etc? These are the main reasons i think it could be useful but if it couldnt help with that then i wouldn't be bothered. spin rates etc as you say are the least of my worries at the moment.

the lessons i got recently were £20 for 30mins so £50 for a hour isn't that much more expensive.