Less loft = open, more loft = closed.

• Thread starter Deleted member 18588
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18588

The above seems counterintuitive to me.

After all if you open the face of, say, a wedge you add loft to it.

Yet the literature accompanying modern adjustable drivers states that this is the case.

The problem is that I am not of a scientific bent so I struggle to handle what to me, is an apparent contradiction.

One of you more technically gifted chaps can hopefully help me.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Yet the literature accompanying modern adjustable drivers states that this is the case.

The problem is that I am not of a scientific bent so I struggle to handle what to me, is an apparent contradiction.

You're confusing 2 separate the things.

The opening and closing of a club head Vs the way a hosel is designed.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I think it works like this: the lower loft clubface setting causes the face to sit/look open, but the loft physically doesn't change; you remove the loft as you manipulate the open clubface closed to square the face. The higher loft clubface setting causes the face to sit/look shut, but the loft physically doesn't change; you add the loft as you manipulate the closed clubface open to square the face. That's why the grips have no markings; doesn't play with your brain when the grip changes alignment.

Hope that makes sense.