Lee Westwood...

Zig

Visit site
Their Website has a flyover of every course narrated by Peter Alliss, interesting watch, “Lagoon” will be bone dry at the moment, and is marked to the right of the fairway with red stakes.
Lagoon's one of the best holes on the course... take the drive up the left (safe side) and you've got a blind approach into the green, from a difficult angle. Brave the red stakes to the right of the bunkers and you're left with a much shorter shot, straight up the green. Brilliant MacKenzie hole.
In the winter, the 'right side' option is ruled out... water reaches upto the bunkers when it's really wet!

Zig

Visit site
Poor effort off the yellows. :D:LOL:

Definitely a game of two halves and no idea if the back nine is considerably harder than the front or more blind shots (so may have been unsure of line/clubbing) but great to see these pros rock up and play these place. Peter O'Malley (ex Aussie tour pro and now on ET Seniors) is a good friend of a past captain and often has a round in the summer (not this year though) and although I've not had the pleasure, I've definitely enjoyed a few beers on the patio and spent several hours listening to his tales of the tour. Brett Rumford is another who's regularly used the club for practice in the past.

Last 4 holes definitely the most difficult on the course, and pretty much a typical out and back, so the front nine plays much easier typically. Not quite the difference his card suggests though! Sounds like he was having fun in a pretty competitive pairs match.

Zig

Visit site
I remember playing Seaton on one particular occassion. It was a few years ago. We played between Christmas and New Year, it was freezing cold and the gale was in our faces all the way out ,all we could think about was turning around and the relief of getting the wind on our backs.
Unfortunately it wasn't quite the relief we had anticipated. At the turn it started raining, horrendous monsoon stuff, even with waterproof we were wet through to our under crackers and I've hated Seaton ever since.

Haha... imagine having to face that every week, and paying membership for the pleasure! And the only time the weather's been good up here, we were all trapped in bl**** lockdown!!! :):)

D

Deleted member 16999

Last 4 holes definitely the most difficult on the course, and pretty much a typical out and back, so the front nine plays much easier typically. Not quite the difference his card suggests though! Sounds like he was having fun in a pretty competitive pairs match.
18 isn’t that difficult, 16 & 17 I totally agree, but 15 is weather depending, imo.
Still a superb course for me though and one I’d happily play for the rest of my days.

Reactions: Zig

Zig

Visit site
18 isn’t that difficult, 16 & 17 I totally agree, but 15 is weather depending, imo.
Still a superb course for me though and one I’d happily play for the rest of my days.

Thanks for the reply. Fair enough about 18... suppose it's all about the drive, and then easy enough after that. I guess in my head I walk off the 14th (Old layout) thinking it's grim from thereon in, and parring in definitely wins you a few shots against the rest of the field.

The course: I actually think it'd be better if they just put together the best 18 and played that, rather than chop and change the layout. Maybe find a way to create an extra par 3 (only 3 on the two main layouts) and that'd finish it off for me. Obviously I'm a bit biased, but I think the course is underrated given it's location/surroundings. Course condition has been average the last couple of summers, but we've recently employed a new Head Greenkeeper and early indications are good. ;)

D

Deleted member 16999

Thanks for the reply. Fair enough about 18... suppose it's all about the drive, and then easy enough after that. I guess in my head I walk off the 14th (Old layout) thinking it's grim from thereon in, and parring in definitely wins you a few shots against the rest of the field.

The course: I actually think it'd be better if they just put together the best 18 and played that, rather than chop and change the layout. Maybe find a way to create an extra par 3 (only 3 on the two main layouts) and that'd finish it off for me. Obviously I'm a bit biased, but I think the course is underrated given it's location/surroundings. Course condition has been average the last couple of summers, but we've recently employed a new Head Greenkeeper and early indications are good. ;)
I left a few years back when I stopped working in Boro, Seaham is just a little bit too far to make Seaton convenient.:cry:

I love the 22 holes and different courses, don’t know another Course in the UK that has that flexibility and for me Gare is my favourite hole.

Always get back when I can, even if it was just to give “Badger” some stick.:)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have never played the course but Seaton C is always talked about in complimentary tones when I hear others discuss it. Perhaps it is underrated outside the region but within the NE I think people rate it very highly, probably in top 3 in the area.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I shot a 73 there once, it was on that years windless day. On the other hand a mate at our club played in last years mens open and was 19 over after 6 holes. He gave up on the idea of winning at that point and just carried on playin for "fun".

Zig

Visit site
I shot a 73 there once, it was on that years windless day. On the other hand a mate at our club played in last years mens open and was 19 over after 6 holes. He gave up on the idea of winning at that point and just carried on playin for "fun".

Love it. I know you shouldn't laugh but it's only because I've had the same scores... probably within the same week there!!! :))

It's Club Championship this week, with 50mph winds forecast for the 36 holes tomorrow. :( Winner might be anyone who can break 200 aggregate :) :) :)

D

Deleted member 23344

Just looked at the website. Interesting concept: five courses from 22 holes, with each course played for a period of time before changing to the next in the rotation. Is this unique or do some other courses do that?