Leaving ball in a position to benefit another player

tobybarker

Visit site
That is the guidance I was referring to. The super short version: don't do it. And if you are a player or a referee and you see it, intervene to protect the field.
I had a situation the other day where an opponent didn't give me time to get to my ball to mark it before playing his own chip, which promptly hit my ball and stopped close. to be fair the match was already over but it annoyed me

salfordlad

Visit site
I had a situation the other day where an opponent didn't give me time to get to my ball to mark it before playing his own chip, which promptly hit my ball and stopped close. to be fair the match was already over but it annoyed me
If the match is live and your request to mark your ball before the opponent plays was reasonable, the opponent gets the general penalty for failing to comply with your request. See Rule 15.3.

tobybarker

Visit site
If the match is live and your request to mark your ball before the opponent plays was reasonable, the opponent gets the general penalty for failing to comply with your request. See Rule 15.3.
thanks. in my case I hadn't asked....I was striding towards it with my marker in my hand.....

Last edited: