Laser rangefinder advice

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Lasers are all accurate. Check out Boblov and Nikon.
Avoid ones with slope. Added expense for something you can't use when it matters.
This is the answer ^^^^

I've found even the cheapest ones do the job just as well, I now have a Druids rangefinder

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've got a VOLVIK and it has slope and buzz function - it's brilliant and it was £170. You can turn off the slope function easily.

Basically it's like a bushnell without the £ tag of it.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Do you take gimmes? Do you just drop a ball if one's lost, or do you pedantically go back to the tee? Do you drag a putt back for a retry when you've missed? Do you sometimes take a second chip when you've hit a pishy one? All = Friendly golf/casual round/bounce game, whatever you want to call it? Surely that doesn't need to be explained, versus playing in medals and matches?
Jimaroid's latest post would suggest it does!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does slope add much to the cost?
I'm not in the market for a rangefinder, but if I was to buy one I can see why slope would be a useful learning tool, even if you can't use it in competition.

Tinkerman

Visit site
When I thought I'd lost mine recently I looked at what was available. The Bozily rechargeable one seemed to be decent and at a great price (about £94 on Amazon), although I didn't buy as I eventually found mine. Not sure I'd even pay £200-£300 for one when these do the same

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Bushnell XE with slope.
I ordered another model but they didn’t have it so gave me this instead, it was £100 more expensive.
Tbh the slope system is not worth the cost.
Any half decent golfer can see it’s uphill or downhill and club accordingly.
The only time I would say it’s worth it is if you can hit your irons to 4/5 yds precisely.
As this is a common yardage adjustment given on my course ( i.e. 135+3yds = 138 ) I am not that accurate ( anymore );)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Bushnell XE with slope.
I ordered another model but they didn’t have it so gave me this instead, it was £100 more expensive.
Tbh the slope system is not worth the cost.
Any half decent golfer can see it’s uphill or downhill and club accordingly.

The only time I would say it’s worth it is if you can hit your irons to 4/5 yds precisely.
As this is a common yardage adjustment given on my course ( i.e. 135+3yds = 138 ) I am not that accurate ( anymore );)
I always thought this to be honest, glad it's not just me. :LOL: Extra hundred quid for something to tell you "it's uphill - go up a club".

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only time I use a laser a lot is during the winter months when temp greens are in use as my SkyCaddie is only good when regular greens are in use. My son is a shooter and uses a cheap laser to tell distances to targets, I borrowed this for golf, but found that it wasn't good enough to lock on to pins at any distance over about 80 yards. I then tried a Bushnell which tells you when it has locked on to the pin and is much easier and quicker to use when on the course. Cheap is good, but slightly more expensive is better.

Neeko1988

Visit site
I know they are expensive and prob no better than a cheaper model but I have a bushnell v5 slim with slope and although pricey it’s great. Really simple to use and works perfectly. I did have a golf buddy one previously which was £150 so around half price and it wasn’t as easy to use and a lot easier to read incorrect targets

greenone

Visit site
I've got a boblov, it's a craps out in rain far more quickly and struggles if into the sun way more than my mates Bushnell.

Teebs

Visit site
Had both a ShotScope and a Bushnell V6 slope this season. The Bushnell is much better to use (in terms of finding the pin quickly) but it was more than double the price.

Depends on your point of view and budget.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The only time I use a laser a lot is during the winter months when temp greens are in use as my SkyCaddie is only good when regular greens are in use. My son is a shooter and uses a cheap laser to tell distances to targets, I borrowed this for golf, but found that it wasn't good enough to lock on to pins at any distance over about 80 yards. I then tried a Bushnell which tells you when it has locked on to the pin and is much easier and quicker to use when on the course. Cheap is good, but slightly more expensive is better.
I am a total convert now that I have been using laser rangefinder for a couple of years. Got a Bushnell that locks on to the flag…feel totally lost without it - especially for my wedges as I am pretty good with my wedge game but I need to have a good measure of the distance. And for those who know - that‘s a long way from where I used to be. Drawback is that lasers don’t like mist and rain…that’s just the physics of laser and dispersion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21445

Shot Scope Pro L2 is very good (Has slope and Pin confirmation) and I have a 15% off code if of any use to anyone (y)