Lamkin Midsize Grip

Diamond

Visit site
I have just bought a new Cobra driver with a Lamkin Midsize grip. I am very happy with it but I have found the grip to be slippy for my non glove hand. It is brand new And I have washed thr grip down but it is still slippy especially the further I get into my round. The weather is unusually hot at the moment so that may be one reason but I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

Fabia999

Visit site
Yes! I had the same issue with my cobra driver. I honestly felt like I couldn't keep a hold of it, the grip was in good condition too. I ended up selling it and going back to my other driver as I just put it down to me not being able to hit it.

Mandofred

Visit site
Yes! I had the same issue with my cobra driver. I honestly felt like I couldn't keep a hold of it, the grip was in good condition too. I ended up selling it and going back to my other driver as I just put it down to me not being able to hit it.
Why wouldn't you just put on a new grip instead of selling the club?

Diamond

Visit site
It feels good but it just starts to slip mid round. It is 30c + so maybe it’s just the heat and sweat.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is this a brand new club or a new to you as I am not aware of manufacturers using a grip that isnt branded with their own name.
Having used Lamkin midsize grips myself before I have found them to be fine until they’ve been on a while, or in horrendous rain.
I still use Lamkin grips, but now a Crossline in jumbo size.

Mandofred

Visit site
I played yesterday, and while I was sweating my hands were fine. Two solutions to that problem.....either get corded grips which are fine year-round, or I would just switch to my rain gloves. I spent 5 years in Okinawa.....sweat just runs off you this time of year......never wore regular gloves, always rain gloves.

Fabia999

Visit site
Fair enough.....

I've been tempted to try the Cobra drivers out when I look for my next driver.
Don’t let me let influence any decision, I am a slow swinger so I need as light as possible. I needed consistency which is something I didn’t get from the cobra. It’s an extremely popular choice this/last year so I must have been doing something wrong.

Diamond

Visit site
It’s a brand new Driver (F-MAX Airspeed Offset). Love the driver as it has eliminated my slice but right hand slips off the shaft on downswing. Enough for me to feel it and play a shank or pull.

Fabia999

Visit site
I’ve never used it, only seen it online, so someone might have a better idea than me but I know you can get a spray which you spray on your none glove hand to help with grip.

Diamond

Visit site
I’ve never used it, only seen it online, so someone might have a better idea than me but I know you can get a spray which you spray on your none glove hand to help with grip.
I can see another thread appearing...sticky golf grip spray...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have just bought a new Cobra driver with a Lamkin Midsize grip. I am very happy with it but I have found the grip to be slippy for my non glove hand. It is brand new And I have washed thr grip down but it is still slippy especially the further I get into my round. The weather is unusually hot at the moment so that may be one reason but I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

You do not say which Lamkin grip it is.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not clear from the pictures if it could be the grip itself.

Not wearing a glove and hands getting sweaty can be a reason for slippage.

I am interested when you say washed the grip down. Lamkin recommend warm soapy water and to dry the grip immediately.

D

Deleted member 23344

I have the F-Max Airspeed 3 wood, and the 5 wood from the previous version, both with the Cobra badged Lamkin midsize grip. I have had no problems with grip, but I appreciate your issue is with the driver.