ladies shafts.....

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
can us men use a ladies club or is that me being silly? (serious question)

Why not? I havent seen any rule which would prevent you using a ladies designed club, I have a ladies putter. :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm not sure there is anything in the rules but I'm not sure how much benefit it will actually be unless your swing is particularly slow or you struggle with the weight of the club. What makes you want to have a ladies shaft?

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only thing that stops us using them is our pride!! The shaft flex would suit a lot of golfers, don't know how the ladies' flex compares to men's??

The ladies Odyssey putter range are lovely, they generally come with shorter shafts which most people should have. The baby blue detailing generally puts men off though!!

I learnt to play with a Patty Berg 6iron and loved it, would have got a set but they were quite expensive back in the day. Had to settle for Pinseeker blades that were only £2.00 a week for 40 weeks out of my Mum's club book!!

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure there is anything in the rules but I'm not sure how much benefit it will actually be unless your swing is particularly slow or you struggle with the weight of the club. What makes you want to have a ladies shaft?

£30 for a 7 wood taylor made 2008 model mint ladies club...
yes or no ?

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a driver built for me with a ladies shaft. It is very easy to use but flight is a bit high. I recently bought a used GBB II ladies 3 wood which works better for me than my senior shafted Wilson Staff. I now am awaiting delivery of a new Big Bertha ladies driver.
If it works.............

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only thing that stops us using them is our pride!! The shaft flex would suit a lot of golfers, don't know how the ladies' flex compares to men's??

The ladies Odyssey putter range are lovely, they generally come with shorter shafts which most people should have. The baby blue detailing generally puts men off though!!

I learnt to play with a Patty Berg 6iron and loved it, would have got a set but they were quite expensive back in the day. Had to settle for Pinseeker blades that were only £2.00 a week for 40 weeks out of my Mum's club book!!

Learned to play with a set of the above mentioned Wilson Patty Berg's, they were great clubs.

Got them as I was in between heights for junior and gents clubs.

Andy

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Learned to play with a set of the above mentioned Wilson Patty Berg's, they were great clubs.

Got them as I was in between heights for junior and gents clubs.

Andy

Don't Andy, I've got a tear in my eye....the memories!