Ladies section

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Let’s not be silly shall we

No one has suggested anything as such

Bringing race into it is a poor analogy and doesn’t achieve anything

Have male and female only comps isn’t discrimination

Phil, I haven’t played in a single sex golf event for years and years. What is the problem with mixed comps?

What is the problem with letting ladies play on a Saturday or a Sunday morning?

I brought race into the discussion to demonstrate how ludicrous it is for a golf club to be discriminating against anybody, because of who they are. Sadly, you can’t see it, and it’s disappointing that these attitudes still prevail in our game.

D

Deleted member 15344

Phil, I haven’t played in a single sex golf event for years and years. What is the problem with mixed comps?

I’m confused when I said it was an issue with mixed comps ?

Guess you didn’t read when I stated that I changed our medals and Stablefords to mixed
What is the problem with letting ladies play on a Saturday or a Sunday morning?

Again when did I say it was a problem ?

My club doesn’t stop ladies from playing anytime they want

The Ladies do stop the men from playing during their day
I brought race into the discussion to demonstrate how ludicrous it is for a golf club to be discriminating against anybody, because of who they are. Sadly, you can’t see it, and it’s disappointing that these attitudes still prevail in our game.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I’m confused when I said it was an issue with mixed comps ?

Guess you didn’t read when I stated that I changed our medals and Stablefords to mixed

Again when did I say it was a problem ?

My club doesn’t stop ladies from playing anytime they want

The Ladies do stop the men from playing during their day

Which is wrong - and the way to resolve it is by implementing total equality - same green fees, same access to the course, same access to the same comps.

That is the way our club operates - the only things that are different for the ladies, are the bogs. (y)

sunshine

Visit site
Not sure why that is supposed to be funny, i know lots of clubs that would love ot have that many in the ladies section.

66 lady members, but once you filter out the beginners or those who don’t really play and are only members because of social reasons, there’s probably only 20 golfers who actually play in competitions and not all of them will enter every week. Ladies club championship had 12 entries.

What I found funny was maybe 12 people playing a calendar of 49 trophies and the tee sheet reserved for 80 golfers every Tuesday.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
66 lady members, but once you filter out the beginners or those who don’t really play and are only members because of social reasons, there’s probably only 20 golfers who actually play in competitions and not all of them will enter every week. Ladies club championship had 12 entries.

What I found funny was maybe 12 people playing a calendar of 49 trophies and the tee sheet reserved for 80 golfers every Tuesday.
We have around that number of members, 59 have played in competitions this year, over 30 have played in at least one competition a week,
#we play thursday not tuesday, and the tee sheet is generally pretty full and is adjusted to free empty slots (unlike the mens)

sunshine

Visit site
We have around that number of members, 59 have played in competitions this year, over 30 have played in at least one competition a week,
#we play thursday not tuesday, and the tee sheet is generally pretty full and is adjusted to free empty slots (unlike the mens)

I looked on IG for the result of last week's Tuesday Ladies Stableford. The winner scored 11 points, quite a low winning score... because she was the only entrant. And she would have had the whole course to herself :LOL: :rolleyes:

D-S

Visit site
I looked on IG for the result of last week's Tuesday Ladies Stableford. The winner scored 11 points, quite a low winning score... because she was the only entrant. And she would have had the whole course to herself :LOL: :rolleyes:
Sounds like your club is not making good enough use of the course due to their tee time allocation - this is the fault of the club management not necessarily the Ladies section.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Which just proves there’s no validation of single gender competitions right?