Lack of golf on terrestrial TV - Golf Monthly Feature

inthehole

Hacker
Visit site
This is a no brainer. Narrow the audience ( by a massive amount) and shrink the game. Well done R&A . Its a long term thing , not easily measureable. The game may have got smaller anyway ( competing interests , modern lifestyle etc ) but lowering its presence on the media will make it smaller.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sort of find it amusing that folk feel it OK for Sky to be lobbing subscribers money at sports already swilling in cash... Yet if terrestrial TV (aka the beeb) invest more than a penny too much in programming it's the end of the world...

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I sort of find it amusing that folk feel it OK for Sky to be lobbing subscribers money at sports already swilling in cash... Yet if terrestrial TV (aka the beeb) invest more than a penny too much in programming it's the end of the world...

I'm okay with the Beeb investing money in programming but the difference is how the money is generated in the first place; people voluntarily pay their subscription for Sky knowing that it's a huge contributing factor to Premier League wealth, F1 wealth etc; if you don't like it, you can voluntarily decide not to pay subscription. If I don't pay the service is withdrawn.

The Beeb however is essentially an enforced subscription; if I disagree with how the money is invested, I still have to pay whether I like it or not. If I don't pay, I receive nasty letters and threats of prosecution until I do pay.