La Manga Club

BigPhil14

Visit site
Has anyone had any experience at La Manga Club in Spain recently? Potentially looking to go there at the end of the month and a lot of the reviews from Sept/Oct 2021 were talking about how poor a state the courses were in. Obviously that was 5 months ago and a lot can change between then and now, so was wondering if anyone had been recently and can give an honest opinion on the course condition and if it is worth it as struggling to find up to date reviews anywhere?

The overall reviews is that the resort is getting slightly tired in general, but still perfectly nice, however it has a very good golf setup, so I can look past most things if the courses are in decent nick!! Cheers

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I know the green fees are some of the most expensive in the area.
Do you definitely want a golf complex? I've not played La Manga, but I've been to La Cala a few times and the courses don't blow me away.

September is normally greens maintenance time for a lot of courses, which might explain the poor reviews.

There are some great courses in the area if you are prepared to travel around a little from a central base.

BigPhil14

Visit site
That makes sense on maintenance front.

I’m going by myself so ideally want a resort I can just walk out the hotel to the practice facilities/course rather having to rent a car and travel etc.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

I’m going by myself so ideally want a resort I can just walk out the hotel to the practice facilities/course rather having to rent a car and travel etc.

You considered La Finca, superb hotel, and practice facilites - course is excellent. If you just want to work on your game and enjoy some decent weather and golf it's a great facility.

sunshine

Visit site
If you don't like Spain, La Manga is a good place to go. A little oasis where you can enjoy some sunshine without having to eat foreign food or speak to foreign people.

Personally it's not my cup of tea but it's consistently popular, despite high green fees, which means they have found a target market and winning formula.

Leftitshort

Visit site

La manga is pretty spread out, so unless you stay in the hotel or in the villas by the 1st on the south you may need a car.
I like it for off the course stuff, the bars & restaurants are good. The courses are a bit meh. I’d give the south a miss as it’s a slog in the wind & it’s often windy. The north is good and the west ok, if you like hitting 6 irons on par 5 t shots. The practice facilities at desert springs are better & the course stands up to la manga or la Cala but it’s dead off the course!
I’ve heard good things about pga Catalonia

sunshine

Visit site
La manga is pretty spread out, so unless you stay in the hotel or in the villas by the 1st on the south you may need a car.
I like it for off the course stuff, the bars & restaurants are good. The courses are a bit meh. I’d give the south a miss as it’s a slog in the wind & it’s often windy. The north is good and the west ok, if you like hitting 6 irons on par 5 t shots. The practice facilities at desert springs are better & the course stands up to la manga or la Cala but it’s dead off the course!
I’ve heard good things about pga Catalonia

You wouldn’t like PGA Catalunya. No Irish pub, fry ups, curry house etc