Kyle Rittenhouse

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been following this trial on YouTube for the last 2 weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59356081

Really surprised at the outcome, I thought there would be some punishment for killing 2 and injuring another.

Acted in self defense and force was adjudged to have been reasonable and justified.

What a strange world we live in.

Absolutely no surprise - as soon as the judge, early in the trial, decreed that the deceased could not be referred to as "victims", the outcome was inevitable.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Absolutely no surprise - as soon as the judge, early in the trial, decreed that the deceased could not be referred to as "victims", the outcome was inevitable.
For the sake of accuracy...It was pretrial that the judge made that ruling - apparently following precedent in cases of 'self defence'.
As for the overall result...little surprises me with Yanks and firearms!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolute madness. From what I've read he deliberately entered an area where there were riots, armed and I assume ready to be some sort of vigilante.

How can he then shoot 3 people and get away with it...crackers. Thank goodness I don't live there.

D

Deleted member 15344

its a staggering decision and can’t comprehend how they reached it

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Absolute madness. From what I've read he deliberately entered an area where there were riots, armed and I assume ready to be some sort of vigilante.

How can he then shoot 3 people and get away with it...crackers. Thank goodness I don't live there.

he had family there and worked in the area so was protecting stuff from the rioters.
The 3 criminals (one was a child rapist) chased him and he acted in self defence
The judge at the pre hearing already said those who were shot couldn’t be treated as victims

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
he had family there and worked in the area so was protecting stuff from the rioters.
The 3 criminals (one was a child rapist) chased him and he acted in self defence
The judge at the pre hearing already said those who were shot couldn’t be treated as victims

Protecting "stuff"....really? He must have known the likely outcome but felt it was worth it...I also doubt very much he knew one of the people who took umbrage to him having a gun was a child rapist!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Protecting "stuff"....really? He must have known the likely outcome but felt it was worth it...I also doubt very much he knew one of the people who took umbrage to him having a gun was a child rapist!

If he had family there and place of work then he had every right to defend it from the “peaceful” rioters and he only shot at them in self defence

I too doubt he knew one was a child rapist but some are acting like they were angels! He did the world a favour

4LEX

Visit site
Rittenhouse is a scumbag who went looking for trouble and was tooled up. That isn't in question.

However the actual incident that led to the deaths, he acted in self defence. He would most likely been killed as he was chased and attacked by violent protestors, one of whom was also armed with a gun. Those that died weren't victims, just scumbags from another side of the same coin as Rittenhouse. They were on the streets to cause carnage and attack anyone who didn't share their views.

The whole debacle is an example of why the UK should distance itself from the US and not let certain elements push their agenda. Everyone has the right in the US to bear arms and defend themselves, he did that, hence why he was found not guilty.

D

Deleted member 16999

No child should be given an automatic weapon and asked or be expected to defend anything.

Very sad state of affairs from beginning to end.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Rittenhouse is a scumbag who went looking for trouble and was tooled up. That isn't in question.

However the actual incident that led to the deaths, he acted in self defence. He would most likely been killed as he was chased and attacked by violent protestors, one of whom was also armed with a gun. Those that died weren't victims, just scumbags from another side of the same coin as Rittenhouse. They were on the streets to cause carnage and attack anyone who didn't share their views.

The whole debacle is an example of why the UK should distance itself from the US and not let certain elements push their agenda. Everyone has the right in the US to bear arms and defend themselves, he did that, hence why he was found not guilty.

The looters went looking for trouble. He was there protecting Family and his place of work from scumbag looters who thought a serial criminal was a hero!

US citizens only have the right to bear arms against the government