Knock round Temple Newsam tomorrow...anyone else?

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ventured out this morning in a mild breeze :eek: :eek:

Then driving rain, then sunshine :cool:
Then wind again, then rain. get the picture?

Good golf in these condition were nigh on impossible but we did manage some between us. Some of the par 4's were playing soooo long that it took 3 decent hits on some just to make the green.
I don't think anything dropped on the greens, quite a few horseshoes and one from Keef that went over the centre of the hole without dropping. You just know it's going to be one of those days when that happens

Mild breeze? Mild bloomin breeze? I think your tee shot on the 2nd that nearly landed by your feet was a clear indication that we should be flying kites and not golfing today!! lol

Under the circumstances, we didnt do too badly, although i played terrible on some holes and finished about a zillion shots over my handicap :(

Met another forum member in keefg and, for a change, he is exactly as I imagined.

Did you imagine i was a knobhead? Did you imagine i was a top geezer? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :D :D :D

Was nice to meet you anyway fella, and yes, once the gale force winds go away we'll have a knock round your track.

Ok it may have been a bit stronger than a mild breeze. On the first green, our balls were about the same distance from the pin. By the time Keef got to his ball it was 6' further away :eek:

That tee shot, I thought I had made good contact. If the ground had been lower, it would have gone behind us.

It was at least a 3 club wind although with the wedge I sent into the trees, over the green, I didn't factor in that the wind was behind me :eek:

Knobhead ;)
Only joking. Good company & witty.
You get a picture in your mind (I do anyway) before meeting up on how someone will look and you pretty much matched the photofit :D

I'd be up for a knock again with Dodger.
Some of the holes brought back some memories but I couldn't remember others, maybe some alterations in the last 15 years.