Knackered!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just got home from members invitational at Hindhead.

Played better ball in morning,foursomes in afternoon.

I can barely stand! My mate who is pretty fit is asleep already,who can do 36 any more?

Have we all gone soft?

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got a bag of frozen peas strapped to my knee as we speak.

The club house was full of well fed happy middle aged blokes limping up to the bar!

I think 40 might be the new 60.

So glad I dont have a comp tomorrow,particularly a medal!

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i find i'm alright for 36,find i lack a bit of concentration towards the end unless i keep well fed and watered,i'm only 28 though so plenty of time for the aches and pains to start.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Played on Thursday.
9 hole 4 ball better ball in the morning. Ploughman's for lunch then back out for 18 hole Stableford.
A very hot day, tried to keep the fluid intake regular. Didn't feel to bad but stifened up a bit during the meal afterwards.

Great day, good company, what could be better......apart from a better score. - 24 points!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
27 is the most I have done in a day.

Got a couple of 36 holers planned for a big group of us, we are walking the 1st course in the am but after lunch it is going to be buggies for the 2nd course. Don't see an alternative even though I dislike buggies.

B

birdieman

I have 36 on Friday, 36 on Saturday and 18 on Sunday this coming weekend. I will be a wreck.
I used to play 36 hole opens quite frequently. Several things I learned to do -

1.tape up heels, you will get blisters otherwise.
2.Watch out for GA, especially if it's hot.
3.have a decent break between rounds and get a decent feed and plenty fluid (not all beer).
4.drink lots of water all day, dont wait until you're thirsty and top up energy with cereal bars/bananas etc frequently.
5.use sunblock and hat, even if it's not apparently too hot.
6.get an electric trolley, they are a godsend on a 36 hole day. :D

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You're a wimp Birdieman! In 1978 I played 54 holes of competition golf in one day. We teed off at 5 in the morning in our club's monthly medal. (No starting list in those days, just put your money in the box and sign a book.)
Then drove 28 miles to Yeovil to play in the county (Dorset) closed championship (36 holes). My mate had 75,75,75. I was 79,79,77. Not so good on short courses but it was fun.
BTW if you're going to play 36 it helps to change your shoes between rounds.

B

birdieman

100 holes at 300m average per hole = 30km. Bit of a slog if you ask me, at 10 minutes per hole that's 16 hrs 40 minutes on the course. 5am start and a 9.40pm finish plus break time. Ouch!
You're welocme to that challenge Homer!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gordon Bennett !!

As far as I can tell, most of you are whippersnappers - compared to me at least. Whats this with "can't do 36"? Next month it's our annual trip - 36 every day for a week. Can't wait for it.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
our society games are always 36-holes, got one next Wednesday, then a day out at Wentworth followed by 18 with Homer Thursday, then 18 at my local Friday followed by a mile swim before of weekend of gutting a bathroom - and I qualify for a bus pass.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure I buy into this Viscount. Me thinks this is mind games before you whip me next week and then bask in the cyber glory and regale the forum of tales of my destruction. Anyway after 36 on Wednesday and seeing the pros on Thursday I might be taking a look at that handicap!!

D

Deleted member 1147

When I was 15 I played 63 holes in one day (it rained so we missed the last 9) and played the junior open 2 days later (which I won).

But after playing 18 yesterday I'm knackered, and my back, knees, hips and shoulders couldn't cope with another round for a few days!

................and I'm only 28! :p