Kirkland Signature Irons back in stock

Umairn

Visit site
Err thanks? I didn't know they were out of stock. You don't work for Costco by any chance do you? :LOL:
They sold out very quickly the last time and have been OOS for some time. theyre also facing a lawsuit from taylormade for these.

I happened to be on the costco site and saw them so posted and no dont work for costco lol.

Clubs were rated highly in many reviews so thought id share for anyone interested :)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I think they look very nice. Less than £70 per club - not bad.
I would need to add a 50° PW and a 58° SW and then I would have a set that I could use quite comfortably.

kirkland iron specs.jpg

I just could not resist, sorry.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
When was the last time a manufacturer called 50* a pitching wedge? In the 50s? ;)

Actually, just checked Wishon’s book - it was last called that in the 80s 😂
Ping Eye2 1984 PW 50.5°
Mizuno TP9 1986 PW 50°

1989 Cleveland 588 had 44° 9-iron and 49° PW

But in 1994 Lynx Parallax PW was 50°

By about 1995 a PW 48° became the new normal and 3 "wedges" instead of 2 became popular.
They had to invent a new word for the middle one. Various names were tried, approach, gap, etc.

I bought a set of Ping i10 in 2008 and the 3 wedges were 46°, 52° and 58°. The 52° is called UW. Useful, (useless?), utility, ugly, unnecessary, but I'm "undecided".

Last edited:

Morfeen75

Visit site
I've fancied trying these irons for a while. I'm heading over to Guildford on Friday morning to see a client, i will take a detour into Farnborough and see if they have any sets there.

Morfeen75

Visit site
Are these actually any good. Not seen too many reviews and I'd be nervous buying from an outlet like Costco (same with Dacathlon)
I'm eager to try them, if i manage to get a set i'll post my thoughts up. I dont know why you'd be nervous buying from Costco. I've bought tons of stuff from there and never had a problem returning stuff. Their customer service is 2nd to none.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Their wedge set is 52°, 56°, 60°. These look just as nice.

But I do find it odd that they have 5° gaps 35°, 40°, 45° for the 8. 9 and PW.
A 7° gap between PW and GW and then 4° gaps for the two more lofted wedges.
Does not seem to be correct to me, somehow.

Things like this never used to occur when a PW was 50° to 52° and a SW was 56° to 58° and these matched with the rest of the set.
But things are much better now and we can not live in the past.