Kings Hill GC (Kent)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can anyone recommend/not recommend here? Looked at the website and it looks lovely, but wanted honest opinions.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Very decent track, good practice facilities and known as a course that you can play in poor weather and still come off with clean shoes. Certainly worth looking at

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like it a lot, inland links ish style, well some holes any way, the rest park land. Pretty forgiving fairways and large greens. As Chris D says, great winter course and you should come off clean. Some very nice holes, the drivable par 4 7th is a cracker with sleepers surrounding the green. Poor club house though is it's only down fall.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is poor about the club house? Seemed good to me, but I mist confess I didn't spend long in there.

Good course, one of my favourites in the area. Excellent in winter due to very good drainage.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I take it's expensive in the club house for food then? What are we talking about £10 for a panini sort of thing.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just don't like it, poor lay out, pretty average food and not great service, I've played a golf day there the last 5 years but this year they moved elsewhere.

Ah ok yes, I see what you're saying. It's a nice looking building imo.

I like the balcony at the back, decent spot for a post round refreshment. Agreed about the layout - first time I went (and I've seen lots of others do it too) I walked up the ramp at the front. Pro shop isn't easily found.

I haven't eaten there so can't comment on the food.

Practice facilities there are great. Really good grass range.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
That's easy then...play course, eat in pub!

In the 90s I was aa member of a proprietary course, where they thought they'd take the micky over beer and food prices. So one night after Captain's Roll Up everyone went to a local pub... this carried on for about 3 weeks. A compromise soon resulted!

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I take it's expensive in the club house for food then? What are we talking about £10 for a panini sort of thing.

I've only ever played there on a corporate day so not sure on the cost but a poor breakfast and average meal afterwards.